Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP my 1 yr old keeps ripping the sheets off his crib!! What do I do?

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 2:34 PM
  • 6 Replies
For some reason my son Andrew who just turned 1 keeps taking the sheets off of his crib. Its so frustrating, anyone else gone through this and what did u do? Thanks :)

by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 2:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
xaviersmom210
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 2:37 PM

My 3yr old hates sheets so every night I just lay a blanket on the matress by morning it is messed up again but he will not sleep on sheet, im not sure why but he has sensory issues and I think it has something to do with that.......There is really not much you can do unless you pin them to the matress which if hes strong enough eventually will tear the sheets...

aedria
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 2:40 PM
Double sheet.  Put one sheet on one side of the mattress, turn it over and put another sheet on the bottom of the mattress.  When he pulls off the sheet, turn the mattress over. 

personal disclaimer:  this is my opinion, the substance of my beliefs, and in no way do I intend to personally affront nor attack any others whose beliefs are not as rigid and radical  as my own.  You all are entitled to your own opinions!

ProudIrishMomma
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 2:40 PM
I understand your frustration!  Two of my children did this and it drove me batty.  I finally found sheets that encased the mattress and zippered at one end.  I tried everything I could think of until then.

Rach_vs_thekids
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 2:43 PM
They make safety pins just for this, Ihad some an the kids cant work them. but my youngest doesnt like the sheet either and I had to put a fuzzy blanket down.
Twinkie76
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 2:49 PM
Thanks ladies!

3strikesyourout
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 2:55 PM
My best friend has a step daughter with speacial needs and she has to get two sheets and sew them together and then add a zipper. Other wise she rips them off  and can hurt herself.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)