Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teenage trouble update.

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 2:37 PM
  • 6 Replies
Well it is official, my daughter's boyfriend broke up with her. She is a total reck!!! I taken all of you guys advise. I am standing on the sidelines. Thank god she is really talking to me ,my mom,and her best friend. She won't stop crying. I just want to hug her and make things better. But thats not realistic. Anyway I am so sad for her. I wish I could take her pain away. Well She is talking and thats a great sign that she is able to communicate her hurt and not keep it insode where it could build up and take over her life. I told her time heals all wounds and that as time go by it gets easier. Well anymore advise will be much appretiated.
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
brownhoney21
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 7:31 PM

HAVE A GIRLS DAY / NIGHT OUT. GO TO A MOVIE, HAIR ,NAIL,SPA, .WILL HER DAD TALK TO HER OR TAKE HER OUT ON A DATE ?

racingirl
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 7:41 PM
you are a great mom! i like the idea of a girls day. alot of people seem to think that teens can't fall in love "for real" but i think love is love it doesn't know a age limit. good for you for taking the position you have!
nemiller
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 7:44 PM
I agree with the other two ladies.  I think a girls' day out, where your attention is making her feel better would be great.  Nails, lunch, shopping, and maybe a movie.  I used to have girls' days with my mom all the time, especially when I was down.  Nothing like it.

aedria
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 7:46 PM
Oh I know it is so hard to see your daughter in pain, but she has to learn the ins and outs of life.  In my house, when there is a breakup, we take pictures of the boy (or draw one), and throw darts at it.  Then we curl up together with a chick flick and a pint of ice cream.  By the end of the night all is well.

personal disclaimer:  this is my opinion, the substance of my beliefs, and in no way do I intend to personally affront nor attack any others whose beliefs are not as rigid and radical  as my own.  You all are entitled to your own opinions!

mslotus
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 7:48 PM
I remember the pain that I felt when I was 14 and my first love broke up with me, I cried for days and then my mom told me I wasn't aloud to talk to him any more, 3 weeks later we were back together and hiding it from my mom. 4days after my 15 b-day I had sex with him for my 1st time at all and I got pregnant with my son. Not that this will happen with your daughter but please don't prevent her from talking to him or seeing him because it could turn out bad. My mom was only trying to protect me from being hurt and now I understand that but sometimes we have to let our baby's feel pain.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

1rn
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 10:25 PM
Guys thanks for the tips. But my daughter got really sick last night she hasn't had anything to eat or drink for days,Well she looked horrible and as a nurse I noticed she had all the signs and symptoms of dehydration. Well she felt weak and faint. I rushed her to the ER and they attended to her right away. They had to give her a few bags of IV fluids . She looked so terrible. I just wanted die. It is so hard to see your child suffer. Well I spoke with the doctors and explained her situation. I asked for # 's of therapist. She is very depressed and Needs to talk to some besides me, Thank god she has been opening up to me and we have been talking all last night and she came to work with me today and we talked about her concerns and feelings all day.She only wants to be with me. I have not judged her or even gave my opinion. I just have been a good listener. God I am dieing inside but I must remain strong for her and my 2 yr old. I so appreciate U guys I am so happy I found this site. Thanks again and I will update you guys soon. P.s. I got her to eat sushi today and she has been drinking a bit more Thank god!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)