Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you could do one thing over....

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 3:49 PM
  • 22 Replies
Ok ladies.  I know everyone has one thing in their past that they could have done differently.  What would your one thing be???

I would have never married my ex-husband nad tattooed his name on my arm!! That was a bright idea.

by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
i_love_my_bubba
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 3:54 PM

Ok this is a little personal I guess but I never would have slept with the guy I lost my virginity to. He was a complete ass!

m_ellingson
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 3:56 PM
I think if I went back and changed the things I dont like about my past I would not be where I am today and I love my life just the way it is right now.

But just for the sake of discussion I have often wondered what my life would be like if I had stayed living with my dad when I was 13 and not moved to live with my mom.  
ciecie
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 3:56 PM
Im right there with you!  Never would have gotten married at 24!
mama2jklm
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 3:58 PM
I certainly wouldn't be 25 with 4 kids and single
ENFenimore
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 4:01 PM
i wouldve remebered how to be a wife and a mom and keep them seperate. When I gave birth to my son I forgot how to be a wife and was a full time mom instead and it hurt us.

CountryGirl2002
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 4:02 PM

I would have never lied to an old friend and in the process lost a great guy with the friendship, I also would have went back to my ex but then I wouldn't have my wonderful daughter.

daveswife700
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 4:03 PM
Change my major to something that I can actually use. I went to school to be a paralegal i've been out of school for 2 years now and have not gotten a job that is close to my major.

steffie
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 4:05 PM

id have to say i would have stayed in school a little longer and stood up for myself sooner......but i love the life i live now and am forever thankful for who i am

"KEEP PEACE IN YOUR HEART"

meagainstthem
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 4:09 PM
I have been saying this for months now.  If I could go back in time, I would never told my daughter to go out with the guy she ended up marrying.  He kept bugging her for a date, she kept complaining about all the other guys she was going out with and stupid me said, "What about Dustin?"  She said that guy has tattoos and smokes, but he is nice.  I said just go and have a good time, it's not like you have to marry him.  Yep, she married him less that a year later, and less than a year after that they are getting divorced.  He is in the navy, and cheated on her.  The whole thing has been one big nightmare and I am out thousands of dollars giving her a dream wedding and now paying lawyer bills.  I feel like I am living a Jerry Sinfield episode.
mamadrace
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 4:27 PM
this is a very tough question because if anything in the past changes - then today changes as well... I think if I had know then what I know now though I would have finished nursing school before I got married, because now I am doing it with four kids!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)