Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

lunch ideas?

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 4:02 PM
  • 11 Replies
I was wondering if anyone out there has some good quick healthy lunch ideas for toddlers? Thanks

by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 4:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ElijahandJacob
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 4:40 PM

I used to make cream cheese and jelly sandwiches on whole wheat bread and pull it apart into little pieces. Probably all of my other ideas are things you all ready do like grilled cheese and pasta.

BargainQueen
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 4:44 PM

Have Breakfast for lunch.

prteballerina
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 4:45 PM
Ants on a Log or Snow on the Roof

Ants on a log...celery stick, peanut butter, raisins..put peanut butter on celery line w/raisins...and the kids can help make it.

Snow on the Roof....cream chease, graham cracker log, raisins, can also use celery...If they like cream chease, put cream cheese on a graham cracker, line w/raisins or even m and m's for a special treat...you can also put it on a celery stick.
marias_mommy
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 4:59 PM

Hi, I don't know how your children eat, but I have a few ideas. One is a veggie pizza, I make one the size of a cookie sheet and it will stay  good in the fridge for a few days, not to mention EVERYONE loves the taste and it is healthy (hence the name). Basically you get a roll of the pillsbury pizza dough (i actually like to roll out the crossaints flats and bake them as one sheet instead, it has a better flavor) bake it as directed, mix a packet of racnh dressing mix and a block of cream cheese (light is what I use) then spread on cooked dough, then cut up carrots (I find it works best to use the shredded) and broccilli and cauliflower(you can add as many as you like, but these are the ones I find to work best) and then sprinkle shredded cheese on top. It seems like a lot but after the dough bakes the rest takes 5 minutes, then you can cover it with foil and cut off pieces with a pizza cutter as needed, oh, and it is served cold so there is no extra time when you are ready to serve it. I have a few others, but I will leave it at this one for now, oh for my 1 year old I buy the cans of peas and carrots mixed and put them in individual containers to make it a snap to give to her, and I cut up lunch meat and put in containers the same way, usually I get 2 to 3 days worth out of it. Good luck!!!
Twinkie76
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 6:25 PM
Thanks those are great ideas!

jwk
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 6:30 PM

My children like chicken nuggets (oven baked) , red/black grapes (cut in half), and cuccumbers without skins and cut in spears with light ranch.  Sounds odd but they also like frozen peas thawed just plain (not cooked).  I eat them on my lunch salad!

savannah3334
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 6:33 PM
My daycare kids love finger foods, meat, cheese sticks, crackers, cucumber and fruit...if they wont eat anything else that is our old faithful..

Mntufar
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 6:35 PM

i just started switching it up with my kids... you can make grilled chz with soup...or give them a sandwich with fruit...  or a fruit bowl with yogurt( you can do that for breakfast too) at that age lunch doesnt nessicarily have to  be healthy you can give them mac and chz and as snack give them carrots ora peice of fruit or a bologna and chz sandwich on wheat with no mayo and give them some grapes with...

pregnantterry
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 8:37 PM
make some ramen noodles and throw in some mixed veggies.....

mix a few cereals together with some raisins for baby chex mix...

bagel pizzas (the tiny bagels)...
jenriv104
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 8:41 PM
my kids love finger foods-fruits, veggies,sandwiches cut up into shapes with cookie cutters-the more colorful and fun looking the better.I have lots of problems getting them to eat meals also so I usually have lots of fruit and veggies cut up so as they are hungry through the day they can snack on healthy things!They also like pretzels dipped in peanut butter(slightly melted in the microwave)they think it's chips/dip!Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)