Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to the site an this group

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 5:29 PM
  • 10 Replies
I'm new to the group an at this site so I thought I would start here. i'm a 22 year old mom of two girls ages 1 and 3 an married to my husband who is the same age I'm just 7 monthes older.  But my husband is the jealous kind an he gets jealous when I pay more attention to my kids then I do him. Or if I get mad at him he tries his best to cheer me up but when he gets mad at me he goes throwing things an slamming doors. Does anyone have any advice?
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 5:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 5:40 PM
That's tough. I have no idea no advice.  Sorry.  I just know I wouldn't put up with it.  Maybe you two need to sit and talk about somethings. Good luck.

by Head Admin on Jul. 29, 2007 at 5:45 PM

Hi there,

It's nice to meet you!

Please feel free to say hello to the other Moms here and send out some friend invitations, too!

For tips on getting stated and making friends, check out the Getting Started - Making Friends post.

There are a lot of great groups here!  The Recommended Groups post lists some of CafeMom's most popular groups.  You can click on 'Find Groups' to search for groups by topic - if you scroll down you can search by location, too!

Visit the Newcomers Group Chatterbox anytime to see if any Moms are chatting. 

Have fun on the site!
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 6:00 PM
you should give him an ultimadium(however it's spelled) and tell him that it's not good that he's like that infront of his kids. i used to work around kids for a long time and i could see what effects it had on them when their parents were like that. if anything he should consider that. it's best for the children. i hope all goes well. talking really does help.and if it doesn't then is it really worth it?
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 6:09 PM
My advice to is you is this:  Get out now.  I've been there.  You may love him, but it's only going to get worse.  It started with throwing things and slamming doors, and escalated to physical abuse in front of my child.  I finally realized that I didn't want my son to grow up to be that kind of man and got out as quickly as possible. 
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 6:58 PM
thanks for the advice an the support  He knows that I have been with an abuser with my first daughter Kaylyn's father he actually tried to kill me an her when she was inside of me an I was only 3 monthes pregnant only because he didn't want to be a dad.  But I know where your getting at about the whole thing. I done told him that if he ever puts a hand on me he will never see his girls again.  He acts more like a kid himself then my daughters do an I think we did rush into the whole marriage deal but he doesn't think so. I've tried to talk to him but its like whatever I say he doesn't want to hear an gets mad an walks out.
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 7:01 PM
I wanted to thank everyone who has left thier comments so far on my topic your advice has helped me out a lot.
by on Aug. 2, 2007 at 6:20 PM
Sweetheart, those are signs of a typical abuser.  I went through that!!!  Those children being around that, especially since they are girls, is not good.  they will grow up to think that if a man treats a woman in the way you are being treated, it will be OK!  You are treading on dangerous water.
by on Aug. 2, 2007 at 6:32 PM
Hello my Dear, I am so sorry!!!! Listen My advice to you is that you need to sit that man of yours down and set him straight.Listen showing attention to your children is what us moms do. He should take a good long look at his kids and thank god they have a mom that loves them. He seems to show the classic signs of a abuser. Watch yourself, no one has the right to through things at you or treat you bad. An your girls are seeing this and will grow up thinking it is normal for a man to treat a woman like that. You are young and you have the world at your feet. Think things through ,talk to him and you have to do what is best for your children and you. You want to raise strong Girls who will someday marry a good,loving nonabusive man!! I wish you luck!! If you need to talk I am Here for you!!!!!
by on Aug. 3, 2007 at 12:17 AM
I am sorry for what your going thorugh. I hope things work out. All I could think of doing is talking calming. If that don't work, marraige councling. The worst get out of the marriage. Good luck dear, I hope you end up happy. I am always here to talk. Take care.
by on Aug. 3, 2007 at 12:22 AM
Your problem is a hard one....Since your children are still so young this needs to be addressed right now. I would discuss how this behavior affects you and the children and talk about other ways to deal with his frustrations. Other then that I can only suggest anger management or look for books.
Good Luck
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)