Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Medela pump information

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 7:53 PM
  • 2 Replies
An ad I saw tonight for ziplock microwave steaming bags made me think of this, and I thought I'd pass along some advice. If you are breastfeeding and also using the Medela pump, I highly recommend that you invest in the microwave steamcleaning bags. Back when I was still breastfeeding and pumping, I found them at the same store where I bought my pump, and they are a HUGE timesaver! You can clean all your bottles, accessories, and pump parts in the bags, right in your microwave. A couple tablespoons of water, a few seconds, and all your supplies are clean AND sterilized. They seemed a little pricey to me at first, but the time and effort they saved was worth every penny. Just wanted to pass that along, since I didn't know about them until my second child.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Lennon, Beautiful Boy
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mormagsmom
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 9:46 PM
Maybe it's just my old microwave, but I noticed my bottles and stuff would still be yucky when I took them out. I stopped using them.
mupt02
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 9:50 PM
I loved them.  They were especially great for middle of the night feedings/pumpings and when pumping at work.  I would still hand wash my stuff every couple of days, but these were great in between.

I can't wait to see what happens next.

Abigail 5/17/06 and Isabelle due 11/22/07

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)