Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

solids

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 8:35 PM
  • 1 Replies
well today was the first time i gave my daughter solid foods. well rice cereal. my husband and i wantd to let her try it out and let her play in it to get used to it instead of trying to force her to eat it and it all come back at us. so we tried and the first bite she swallowed like she has eaten it all her young life. i was so shocked. she didnt even spit it out. then the next spoonfull was the same. i think she might have only spit the cereal out twice and when we scooped it back up she ate it. i havent eve seen this happen for the first feeding. then when we would give her a scoop she put her hand on the spoon and guided it in her mouth. i am so happy and proud of her. i did cry though cause that is just one more step in getting bigger. and i breastfeed now so it was emotional because soon she will be eating foods and wont need to eat off me. i know i will have to still give her the food but it wont be te same. but anyway i just wanted to share my first time eating foods story with you. im just shocked she took to it so well at 5 and 1/2 months.

by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 8:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
redhot82
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 8:39 PM
awe... thats great. isn't amazing of the milestones they reach? especially as adults we tend to take things like that for granted. i mean sure we all learn to eat and feed ourselves but we forget how magical it is, and that someone had to help and teach us. congrats!  my DS started to eat solids around that age. it was a mashed up banana.

Stay at home Mom of 4 1/2 y.o. boy and have another boy on the way.(Thank goodness we've been trying for 2 years and have had 2 miscarriages) I have a dog, a cat, two ferrets and two chickens.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)