Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else living with chronic pain?

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 8:55 PM
  • 13 Replies

I am rather new to the site. I have a 14 year old daughter and a wonderful husband. I am 32 years old and after a hysterctomy 3 years ago I began to have horrible back pain and headaches. I also now have severe neck pain. I have went to several doctors and they say I have a subluxated atlas, 2 or 3 herniated discs, scoliosis of upper and lower spine, TMJ, and degenerative disc disease AND advanced arthritis. I am so sick  of living in pain and taking pills. I don't currently have insurance but I will in November. I was just wondering if anyone else has been living with Chronic pain and would like to hear your story?? You can PM me or email me, if you'd like. geniann@hotmai.com

thanks so much for listening.. Geni

by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 8:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NursingStudent
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 8:59 PM
Mine is nothing compared to yours.  But I was in an accident 2 years ago and now have chronic back pain.  According to the doctors "im fine" and they cant figure out whats wrong, but they are willing to prescribe pain meds!  I HATE taking them, I have yet to find one that doesnt make me sick, or put me to sleep for 10+ hours.  So I basically just deal with it.  Some days I do give in and take Advil (takes the edge off, sometimes).  The only thing that has helped is working out, which annoys the heck out of me because I dont have time!  But I guess I should be grateful that something does help. 

Scrapping With Friends

chickaboom73
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 9:06 PM

I know where you are trust me. My husband has been living with chronic pain for at least twenty years now, and after two failed exploratory surgeries and three heart attacks we are finally getting somewhere. Back in the '80s he was diagnosed with hypercalcemia (too much calcium in the blood) due to hyperparathyroidism(parathyroid adenoma). I know it is much to ask, but please have them check your levels, as this is curable and very easy to do! If you need more info, go to:

www.parathyroid.com

seriously, it has all your info even if you dont want to go to Florida to get it fixed (thats insane with gas prices these days if you ask me :)

misskayavon
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 12:52 AM
hi there. i do know exactly how you feel. before my last pregnancy i was diagnosed with severe scoliosis, buldging disc in neck, disc degeneration in entire spine, and ostioarthritis in spine. i too have no insurance. they told me i was not a good canidate for surgery, so i'm suck to live with i all. i have been getting migraines for almost 10 yrs. there are days i am in bed with pain. so anytime you wanna talk i'm here.  missy
busymommy218
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 12:56 AM
i have a cyst in my brain that causes headaches and chronic back pain....i highly recommend you guys see a chiropractic internist....they specialize in natural health and medicine...it has truly helped me

a mommy wears many hats.....

busy mommy218

iheartmyevan
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 12:59 AM
My husband & I definately understand.  I have a deformity that affects my limbs, and causes short stature.  But since I was 16, I have had arthritis in both knees and wrists.  Right now it's so bad I can hardly hold my son, he's 25 lbs.  I had to teach him to crawl up the stairs because I couldn't carry him.  My husband has degenerative disc disease, 2 slipped discs, and had to change careers recently because he couldn't handle the movement.  You are not alone there... good luck.
Jessica

PS We hated pills, the only relief we got was from our Chiropractor.  She is the only reason why my husband is out of bed.
Pepsiluvver
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 1:01 AM

Hells Yea
Had a herniated disc removed 6 years ago from my neck,
I still have chronic pain in my neck ,

~ A clean house is a sign of a broken computer ~

Pepsiluvver

Kristine16
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 1:05 AM
OMG!!!!!! I was just Diagnosed with DDD!!! I also have Fibro Mialgue, arthritus in my ankles,knees & back. I also suffer from Migraines. I am 27....So there for no one believed me for the longest time. I finally found a Doc that cares. For a week now it has gotten worse. So bad that when I pick up my baby girl it feels like I have pinched nerves in my legs. My Doc was out of town so I wanted to get an MRI to see if that was the case. I had to tell this other Doc NO I do not want Pain Killers a million times & it seemed he was more concerned about my High Blood pressure. I was in pain!!!! My husband finally saw how some docs were towards me! I will be getting Steriod injections in a few weeks & back surgery later. I am really scared & mad because I am missing so much work. I was just thinking how depressed I was then I saw your post. Thank you!!!
brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Jul. 30, 2007 at 1:09 AM
Hi,I know wht you're going through!!! I have spondlyosis..it causes degeneration of the spine(spinal osteoarthritis) I have already had one surgery( I now have 2 screws and 4 rods in my lower back)..they really can't do anything about it other than pain meds.,if you need somebody to talk to email me.Hope you start to feel a little better!(brandysmartinez@yahoo.com)
JSal
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 1:12 AM
Once you get your ins, see if it will cover physical therapy. Some insurances will pay for x amt of visits per calendar year. I am a rehab tech and work with PT's and I know that exercises regime help a lot of people. They come up with an exercise program tailored to your specific needs. Sometimes you get modalities used on you like electric stimulation. See if you can get a TENS unit as it helps with pain management. See if your ins will pay for that.

KajunMom
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 1:15 AM
I have severe neck pain.  Doctor's say I have a degenerated disc between the 2nd and 3rd vertebrae, and a bulging disc between the 5th and 6th.  I also have spurs on the spine and have arthritis in my spine.  The neck problems also cause pain in my arms and hands,  and I suffer from migraines.  We have tried physical therapy, pain medications, anti - inflammatory meds, and other things.  I am trying to avoid surgery.  They would have to go in through the front of the neck.  I feel like I am too young for this!

Tara

Go Saints!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/saintsfans

http://www.cafemom.com/group/healthhelp

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)