Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why do some women do that???

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 10:21 PM
  • 13 Replies
My cousin was suppose to be having a he thought and everyone else did to. Him and this girl hadnt been together long and she told him she was pregnant. Being the nice naive guy that he is he didnt question it and got soo excited! Everyone in our family was happy for him we all had her a big baby shower and got them alot of stuff for the baby. WELL a couple weeks after the baby was born we went to put him on his insurance but sunce they werent married his companys insurance co wanted a DHA test so they did it and the babys not even his!!! She knew the whole time! She was pregnant when they got together! She lied to everyone and was just gona let him live with that too! A man i work with just also went through something of the same and found out his 8 yr old son ISNT HIS and she knew too!!!!!! Why would you do that to someone??? I dont understand!?

by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 10:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 10:23 PM
Desperate I guess. Scared to not have a father in their childs life. *shrug*  
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 10:24 PM
That's so awful. Sounds to me like she was trying to take advantage of a nice guy. Are they still together then? That must be hard for him since he was so excited. I would be so mad at her....sorry that happened to him and you all. Some "women" selfish.

Shainna - Proud Mommy to.....

Sean - 2 yrs                 Zachary - 10 mths

by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 10:25 PM
I am really sorry for this guy. The feelings you get when having a child and then to find out it is not yours would be like the death of a child.
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 10:25 PM

Sorry to hear that, I know the man was really hurt about all this. Hope things work out for both of them
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 10:26 PM
That is very messed up to say the least. I could never do that to someone. For her to get his hopes up thinking that this baby was his is just wrong. Why some women do that I will never understand. Why is it people cannot be honest about things anymore. I hope for the best with your cousin. 

by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 10:27 PM
no they arent together anymore...and she just moved on like whatever!

by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 10:30 PM
Why do people do the things they do?  I am not sure we will ever know.  I too don't understand how women can do that.  It makes no sense why she would have lied.  If she was honest about it from the beginning, then he might of moved on or he might not have.  He might of been the bigger person saying, hey I'll help you with this situation.  As for your other friend, thats messed up.  The boy is 8 years old, and I can understand maybe he she didn't know until recently or something, but know the whole time is, WOW!  That has got to be aweful.  I mean, I am sure that he love his son no less, sometimes blood doesnt matter anyway.  My real dad and I are just now getting close. For the longest time all he was to me was my sperm doner.  I have a closer relationship with my step-dad.  He raised me since I was four.  It is sad that your cousin went through all of that.  It was wrong of her to just move on like nothing.  Can we say...BIATCH!  Good lord!
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 2:47 PM
That happened to my husband when we first go together.  He had been hooking up with this girl.  Then we got together.  A couple weeks after she had seen us together she tells him that she is pregnant with his baby.  Well we were already getting more serious, and despite the fact that she was pregnant we were still together.  She told him that as long as he helped her out she would not put him on child support.  Well a few months later I moved in.  She called him one night, and I answered the phone.  She was pissed.  Some time later she told him she was putting him on child support.  I was like ok fine.  So I went and picked up an application for paternity at the child support office.  We couldn't do anything until the baby was born.  So in the meantime we paid off her layaway at walmart.  She had gotten everything for the baby's room.  So here comes the baby.  We filled out the paperwork and turned it in.  When we told her she didn't know what to say.  When the baby was 3 weeks old she asked us if we could watch him overnight so she could go celebrate her b-day.  She picked him up the next evening.  This continued, us having him on the weekends, till he was about 18 months.  During that time we would receive letters from the attorney general, telling us that the case had been dropped or moved.  Once we had a review with her, and she didn't even show up.  When he asked her she said she "forgot".  Finally when we inquired about it, they told us the case had been dropped for the time being because the mother was not cooperating.  Hmmm....  when the baby was about 18 months my husband got locked up.  She would still leave the baby with me so she could go out and party.  Well, finally, my husband went and did the DNA test.  She did hers a few weeks later.  Well 2 weeks after that I got the results in the mail.  That baby was not his.  My MIL called her and asked about it.  She started crying, that she was seeing someone else before but she "really"  thought is was my husbands.  Please, if she knew, she could have told him that there was a possibility.  But she wanted to take advantage, and get a baby sitter whenever she wanted.  I just say women like that are desperate to try and keep a man in their lives.  And it's sad cause they are only hurting the children.  Not to mention the families that get attached to these precious babies!!

by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 2:57 PM
thats horrible.......i dont understand heart goes out to them..........whate are they going to do?

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 3:08 PM
Sounds like she latched on for a free ride. I am sorry for your cousin. It is a sign for him to move on to someone more deserving of his love and trust. Best wishes to him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)