Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need some advice

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 10:43 PM
  • 1 Replies
I am babysitting 3 kids on the weekends.The two older boys have Asperger's. I have no idea what would be good for them.They can be hard to entertain and handle.I have never had any experience with this.And had actually never even heard of this until we met this family.I jusy don't know what is part of the Asperger's and what them just not listening.They climb on everything,jump down my stairs,I can tell them hundreds of time a day and they just don't seem to get it. Wow it can get pretty crazy.The older one had a terrible day yestersay he was just whining and crying about every little thing.Any one know what i could do to make things just a little easier.They don't seem to do well with organized activities but then they get bored and that when the problems occurs.Any ideas,or info on this would be great.
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
spiritguide_23
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 11:06 PM
Hello,
 My advice would be to research the disease to see if you can find any information about how to deal with it. One way to do that would be to use an internet search engine like google or yahoo and try to find info that way. I know it sounds simple and easy, but I would also try WebMD. That's what I do when I want to try to find information on things like that. I had to do it when my husband found out he has ADHD. I went to WebMD and used the site search to get information on ADHD in Adults. It helped me a lot to better understnad how to help him and what treatments there where available. I hope this helps.
-Ashley Perkins

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)