Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I dont know what it is.....UPDATED ... and the diagnoses is...

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 11:17 PM
  • 12 Replies
Update: @ 6:04 pm 7/30/07
So she has HIVES! poor baby is having an allergic reaction to something... we cant isolate what it is at this point we are giong to do some allergy testing soon.... It has literally spread all over her poor little body!
Thanks so everyone for your posts! it was much appriciated!!

My dd normal doctor is out this week and we had to get in to see another one ( called this morning) anyways.... they cant get me in until 4:50 This afternoon! OMG! they said it doesnt sound too serious but if it gets too bad take her to the ER! I am pretty irritated at this point that they just couldnt squeeze her in real quick so here is a pic.. if anyone has any advice of what I could do untili 4:50 this afternoon to keep my poor baby comfortable let me know! 

The other day I noticed a few red bumps on my DD when I was changing her diaper around her inner thighs and thought nothing of it, just thought maybe it hadnt gotten cleaned enough there in her last diaper change and her skin was a bit irratated. Well today I noticed that she has more bumps all down her legs and a few on her belly and two on her face. They are flat red bumps so I dont think they are mosquito bites from being outside because then the center of them would be raised. She hasnt been sleeping well but I thought it was the teething and her appietite has decreased significantly. I am worried that she has the chicken pox, does anyone else have anyother idea of what it could be I am just guessing.
Is she too young for the chicken pox?
I gave her an aveno oatmeal bath before bed and rubbed her down with baby powder. She doesnt have a fever though... I just dont know what it could be... any advice would be MUCH appriciated! Thanks!!!!

(****Posted In Other Groups*******)

by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 11:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 11:19 PM
Maybe it is eczema. I think that is how it is spelled.
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 11:24 PM
I don't know if this will help at all, but we had a problem similar to that with my oldest step-son, we thought he had chickenpox and kept him out of school...When we took him to the doctor, it turned out to be poison oak instead!  It was weird cause it didn't look like poison oak which usually clumps together, it was just round red bumps that looked like chicken pox!
Good Luck...i hope you figure out what it is and that it's not serious!

by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 11:46 PM

My son had them at age 2, they started in the diaper area.  I think they only run a fever before they break out.  But I don't remember a fever.  To be positive. Id run her to the Dr. in the morning.  They gave my son some medicine to help with itch. 

by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 11:48 PM
it might be hand foot and mouth.
My son had that problem too.
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 11:49 PM
I was just freaking out like you about 2 weeks ago

It just ended up being a REALLY BAD heat rash...  I kept my baby cool by letting her chill out in a diaper most of the day in the ac...  a luke warm bath and LOTS of powder throughout the day!

I can't see them but, I'm ALWAYS getting myself worked up over NOTHING lol
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 11:52 PM
That happened to my daughter.  I can't remember what the doc called it, but the cure was as simple as a damp wash cloth. Not wiping just pressing.  He said if that didn't work just switch to dove bar soap.  He said it was the most gentle.  I just used the damp cloth and she cleared up within days. I think it was called Seborrhea. Not sure on the spelling.
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 11:59 PM

Have you changed the soap or detergent you use to wash your baby's clothes?  It could also just be a heat kids got that sometimes...I just tried to keep them cool...changed their little outfits often...

by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 12:14 AM
Thanks so much for all your replies I am going to try to get into the doctors office tomarrow... I am hoping I am just overreacting!!!

by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 7:39 AM
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 7:09 PM
Bump.. just wanted to thank everyone who responded!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)