Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I left my son in the car, and some lady wasn't too happy...*EDIT ADDED*

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2008 at 2:36 PM
  • 560 Replies
I went to McDonald's to do the Red Box movie rental thing. I parked literally right in front of the box. I was returning a movie and renting another one, my son was sleeping and I didn't want to get him out of the car. My car has the remote starter for the car, so the car is locked but the AC is on. I returned the movie and was attempting to rent the movie I had picked out then some lady next to me said something about how irresponsible it was for me to leave my son in the car in this heat and "young girls these day's don't know how to take care of their kids" WTF! I'm 20, and I take perfect care of my son, I left him in the car KNOWING I had AC, KNOWING the car was locked and if someone tried to get in the alarm would have gone off, I was standing RIGHT in front of the car. Damn lady, then I turned around to see what she looked like after I got the movie out, oh yeah. I'm irresponsible when your stuffing your kids with mcflurrys (3 little kids with 2 in their hands) go ahead and stuff your kids with junk food, and let me get my damn movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She wasn't talking to me, some other lady she was with, but I wanted to tell her to F off...I've had a bad day so far, and stupid people like that just make it worse....

EDIT: So now everyone decides to get hasty. To the mother who sent me an oh so sweet message telling me I should have my child taken away, sorry that I don't live by your rules. YES, I am young, but I take perfectly GREAT care of my son. My son has been sick lately, and sleep, well he doesn't get much of that! So when he is sleeping, that is golden! I'm not going to wake him up to walk literally 3 FEET away from my car. WHEN I have an auto remote system in my car, for mothers who do not know what this is, I'll explain. You turn the car off, then you push lock, then there is another button that STARTS THE AC, NOT THE CAR ITSELF, the car is locked the entire time. If anyone touches the door handle and tries to open it, the car alarm will go off and Onstar will notify me first then have the police already dialed since that is the way I had my plan set up. The parking lot of the McDonlads has a spot for the Red Box place that is RIGHT NEXT TO THE BOX, I said earlier in the post, that if I was to stretch out my leg, I can touch my car. I never EVER EVER EVER once walked away from my car and went inside anywhere, I never mentioned going inside anywhere. It is like a vending machine outside, I looked away from my car for maybe 1 minute, and the whole thing took MAYBE 3 minutes. To the women who don't agree with what I did, I'm NOT sorry, but sometimes, even a little 15 minute car trip nap helps a whole lot. I have NEVER EVER EVER EVER ONCE gone inside a gas station to pay and leave my son in the car (in fact our big gas stations here have a button on the pumps where if you pay for cash, an employee will come and take your money and bring back change if needed). I was to REALLY stretch the fact, that I was 3 FEET AWAY FROM MY CAR, yes, I am young, but THAT does not make me a selfish mother for what I did today.
A Feb. baby!!! Parker (6-1-07)

by on Oct. 5, 2008 at 2:36 PM
Replies (1-10):
KenKie
by on Oct. 5, 2008 at 2:37 PM

Get ready.....

Remmie
by on Oct. 5, 2008 at 2:39 PM

popcorn

Oh damn!....

JRAFreak
by on Oct. 5, 2008 at 2:39 PM

You had the a/c on, car locked and armed and were right in front of it. There is nothing wrong with that.

(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste
(='.'=) bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him gain world domination

Ziggy.Stardust
by on Oct. 5, 2008 at 2:40 PM

Well..opinions are like assholes everybody has one. How old is your son?

LisaKelz
by on Oct. 5, 2008 at 2:40 PM

Well it sounds like you were just standing right outside the car door, & if that's the case I think its fine. As long as you didnt walk away from the car...not even for a second.

ovbaby3
by on Oct. 5, 2008 at 2:41 PM
i have a question.... when you run into the gas station to pay for gas are you supposed to take your kid out? if its like less than a minute and their sleeping? Like literally I smack the $40 down and say 40 on 7 and run out... I never know what the protocol is... I leave my baby there... but I am always scared I'll get in trouble, the doors are locked... and windows are cracked.... I KNOW she is safe in there, theres probably a bigger risk taking her out and putting her back in!!
Proud Mama
mom quote
scarlettlove142

some times people need to mind their own business...

She shouldnt have been so quick to judge.

mybabiesandme

Well I can see if your parked in front of the box and ONLY returning a movie. I don't see a problem with that. However walking into a movie store and looking for a movie to rent then yeah thats a different story! JMO

kabbima

Clarify- the movie box was outside correct?

ashleighmcg

i agree.

Quoting KenKie:

Get ready.....

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN