Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

School starts soon!! Are YOU Ready?

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 2:24 AM
  • 17 Replies
When does school start for your child/ren? Mine go back on the 18. The 2nd is when I have to go do enrollment.

<====CLICK THE BUTTON TO PLAY!!
(Do you like free stuff? Free Gift Cards to stores like Wal-Mart, Target... and others? How about Cash? Everyone likes free cash! Come join us over at NetWinner and try it out!!! What do you have to lose? Register for Free, play for free, and get free things!!!!)

by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 2:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Baps
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 2:42 AM

I couldn't believe it was time for school already! When I started to see the advertisements for school supplies that is when it hit me. I am not yet ready for school. I have to pay catch up! LOL

Chicago Platinum   

United Together:Owners and Administrators  

dannersmell
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 2:46 AM
NOOOOOO!!!! lol! i'm soooo not ready for school to start!! i don't wanna get up early and make breakfast and do the routine! lol!plus the homework!! ahhhhhh!! lol! it's like pulling teeth sometimes!! oh by the way my son starts school aug.16th.

Glitter Graphics

Joyzap2003
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2007 at 5:07 AM
My kids register on August 15th and school starts on August 27th.  I've purchased all of the supplies my two youngest sons need for school but I still need to get a few more things for my youngest daughter.  She will be in the
11th grade and we have no idea what supplies she will need until we register her. 
rusticakgirl64
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 6:05 AM
OOOOOOH You said the  "S"  word.   In other words, NO I am so not ready. My son will be a Junior this year, That means I am one more year closer to loosing him. I am trying so hard to talk him into going to College here in AK, at least for the first year.  Time has gone way to fast for me.

No greater love has no man than this:  That he lay down his life for his friends.

TheMaggit
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 6:09 AM

I can tell my kids are ready, they wanna go see their friends.  Rachael will be in 10th grade and David will be in 9th.  David started football practice a week ago and Rachael starts band practice next Monday the 6th.  They start back on the 17th of August. 
renee721
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 6:10 AM
Ok well my son isn't in school quite yet, but I'm still not ready for it to start back. He stays w/ my 3 nieces during the summer(ages 15,13,10)instead of going to daycare. I pay them so they can get extra school clothes. Most of the women on here I've seen say that their kids start back at the end of August? Well, here school starts THIS FRIDAY! They're slowly working us into YEAR ROUND school! Anyway, I can't wait for the tax-free weekend at least! lol
P.S. By the way, my son WILL start school next year...pre-k. :-(
CrystaLynn52083
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 6:50 AM
School starts on Monday August 6th. School Orientation is on Friday August 3rd. The kids are bored here at home and I am so ready for them to go back. My daughter was excited, now she is nervous because she starts Jr. High this year as a 6th grader. Both my boys are still in Elementary as a 4th grader and a 3rd grader.

TableforSeven
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 8:38 AM

My kids all go back on August 29 -- I am NOT ready.  I love having the kids home for summer and always feel down when the new school year starts.  Enrollment was back in the spring - so I don't have to do any of that stuff. 

Also - my youngest is starting school for the first time this fall and that will be a HUGE adjustment for me (he'll be in school Mon through Fri - 8:30am-2:00pm). 

Not to mention that I'm not at all looking forward to the 4 hours I'll be spending in the van each day driving to/from their schools.

LisabzboyMom
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 8:43 AM
Nooooooo! I am mourning the loss of July right now! I am a 5th grade teacher, and I LOVE my job, but I always get a little cranky and conflicted this time of year, because I get SO used to the summer routine (or lack of one, in my case). Plus, my oldest starts Kindergarten this year, and I can't believe it. And, because of my job, I'll miss his first day of Kindergarten because the district I teach in starts the same day as the one we live in...

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Lennon, Beautiful Boy
ladytaz143
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 8:44 AM
NO NOT ONE BIT BUT IM LUCKY MY OLDEST IS GOING INTO THE 6TH GRADE GOSH TIME HAS GONE BY SO QUICKLY LOL AND MY 4 YEAR OLD STARTS KINDERGARDEN THIS YEAR AND IM WORRIED ABUT HOW HE IS GONNA ACT AT SCHOOL HE IS WILD HERE AT HOME ........ MY DAUGHTERS FATHERS PARENTS ARE GONNA SUPLY EVERYTHING SHE NEEDS FOR SCHOOL EVEN CLOTHES AND MY INLAWS HAVE OFFERD TO HELP OUT WITH MY SON .....WITHOUT MY FAMILY WERE WOULD I BE I HAVE NO CLUE BUT IT WOULD NOT BE WERE IM AT NOW

GEORGIA

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)