Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help me..a.s.a.p

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 11:38 AM
  • 25 Replies
my son is 3 in a 1/2 weeks old and i feed him 4oz and then 4 more and he still wants more he is never full.. what can i give him or do about it??
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
T-Rentsmommy06
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 11:40 AM

I always gave Trent as much as he needed. The only time you need to be worried about it is if he's overweight. So I'd say you're safe in feeding him more than say the drs. orders!

JJH_mom
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 11:40 AM
how often is he eating 4 oz.? If it's fairly frequent you can try feeding him 6 oz. and see how he does with that. Or at night try mixing some baby cereal in his bottle, and that should help, too.

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lakeland_Mom
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 11:41 AM

i did the same i always fed my kids as much as they wanted...
Kir
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 11:42 AM
I'd call your doctor.  I remember my son was always sleeping or nursing at that time since they grow so much.  I know they eat a lot but since I didn't bottle feed I'd check with some bottle feeding moms and your doc.  Good luck.
ProudIrishMomma
Unless there is a weight issue, I say feed until full. 

missmommy615
Hi my name is Kim...I don't remember how old my daughter was when I started giving her a little bit of cereal mixed in with the bottle...I'm not sure but I think that is a little bit too early to start that...check with your doctor to be sure..other than that maybe you can give a a pacifer and fool him into thinking he is getting more that he usually is...sorry I couldn't be of more help...Kim aka missmommy
Christiansmommi
try putting a little bit of cereal in.
sosweet1970
have you tried putting some cereal in his formula?  It will fill him up and keep him full longer
beardfamilyof5
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 11:43 AM
Hi,
That's a tough one... there is a point though where they will be getting too much vitamins from the formula ( unless you know the oz because you are pumping? )  Is he keeping it all down or spitting up a bunch of it? 
He may just be also finding comfort in sucking  - you could possibly try a pacifier if it seems as though he is eating too much after the first round of bottle. 
I believe it's about 30 oz they are supposed to get at that age - tops... if it's around that for the whole day then I would definitely just continue giving it to him as he is asking for it.  If it's a significant amount more than that, you may want to try to cut back a little... their tummy's are so small.
Good luck!
Shannon

Shannon
Proud mommy to:
Kyla - age 3    5/23/04
Kade - age 2  6/6/05
Jack - age 1   5/4/06                         

perceptive1
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 11:44 AM
This is not unusual. The doctor put my oldest son 6 oz of formula and had me mixing rice cereal in it at night from the time he was 4 days old.

He slept through the night from that point on.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)