Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My neighbor shot my dog

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:12 PM
  • 44 Replies
Ok so last Tuesday my asshole neighbor shot my dog, Buster. Buster is ok, he was hit in the back leg, but luckily it was nothing serious. I live in the country where nobody puts their dogs on ropes, except us. So everybody's dogs wonder in and out of everyone's yard from time to time. Our dogs are on ropes unless we're outside with them. Well last Tuesday Buster slipped out the door before I'd gotten him on his rope, but I figured that because it was 100 degrees outside he wouldn't go far. That and the baby was screaming for me to come get him, so I just let him go. A short while later I heard 3 shots being fired and immediately ran out the front door and saw Buster running back to me and my neighbor standing there with a shotgun. Now where he was standing was not that far from my property line. I'm talking like maybe 6 feet. Anyways my fiance had to come home from work to help me get Buster to the vet where the cops met us to take a report. The cop and the vet concluded that because of where Buster was shot that meant that he was running away when it happened. In order for my neighbor to have the right to shot my dog he would have had to be attacking someone, which I'm sure is not the case. Anyways to get to my question. We will be filing a civil suit against him, but I was wondering if anyone knew if we could sue for more than just the medical bill? My fiance did lose out on a couple hours from work that day, and this whole situation has caused my family alot of stress, and I'm not sure that Buster who we'd been training for hunting is going to want to do that again. Buster now won't go outside w/o somebody with him. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!

by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
i_love_my_bubba
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:16 PM

Here's a pic of Buster's wounds!

123amber
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:17 PM
thats awful
kyacovissi
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:18 PM
Poor thing! I'm so sorry! Can you get him for animal cruelty? Here is the site for ASPCA and you can look up the Animal Cruelty laws for your state! GOOD LUCK!!!

http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=lobby_2k5_searchLaw

Braden's Baby Web Page:
www.babysites.com/sites/kyacovissi/default.asp

ColinsMommy07
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:19 PM
I'd like to shoot your neighbor right in the ass and see how he likes it!!! I'm sorry but this made me FURIOUS! People like this pinch a nerve with me and it really pisses me off!!!! A telephone call to tell you that your dog was in his yard would have been such a nicer, more CIVIL way to handle this whole situation! 

^$$R#@%%&%^$%@$@!%%%#@$#@^&^&^$#$#@!$%$^%#$(!<-------This is me cursing...A LOT! LOL

I don't know about the legal advice.....I'm not a good source of info. for you! Sorry....but please let us know how everything works out for you. Give Buster a big ol' kiss for me.....and thank GOD he's ok!!!!!

Good LUCK!!
Michelle812
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:21 PM
i definitely would sue him for more than the vet bills, that is vicious and evil... he deserves to lose whatever you get out of him maybe he would think twice next time...
ColinsMommy07
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:21 PM
I just saw the picture....now I'm even more ticked off!!!! I hope you sue the pants right off of him!!! LOL - seriously!!! :)
ladyvamp5489
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:22 PM
AWW POOR DOG!  Im so glad he is ok!  I think for your question you need to find out what the laws are in your state.  Every state is different in something like this. you might even call legal aid and ask them what the laws are!

Carol

E.D.I.
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:23 PM
People like that shouldn't be allowed to have guns. Assholes. Sorry for the language but that ticks me off. From what your saying, that guy has prolly had his eye on your dog for awhile and planed on doing it when you wasn't able to catch him in the act. Some people are just freaking cruel. I would def keep an eye out on that guy for future issues, sounds like the shit has just began. Good luck with everything and I hope your poor doggie gets back to his old self and isn't afraid to go outside anymore.

On every thorn, delightful wisdom grows,
In every rill a sweet instruction flows.
~Edward Young~

mattnjenniw
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:24 PM

That is just sick and wrong of him to do. how would he feel if someone did that to his pet or even his ass. sorry to hear about your dog i hope that your dog recovers fast.
Jenni

http://www.cafemom.com/group/gettingtoknowyou

http://www.cafemom.com/group/septemberbirthdays

http://www.cafemom.com/group/annoyedclub

mom2anthony1013
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:25 PM

Quoting ColinsMommy07:

I'd like to shoot your neighbor right in the ass and see how he likes it!!! I'm sorry but this made me FURIOUS! People like this pinch a nerve with me and it really pisses me off!!!! A telephone call to tell you that your dog was in his yard would have been such a nicer, more CIVIL way to handle this whole situation! 

^$$R#@%%&%^$%@$@!%%%#@$#@^&^&^$#$#@!$%$^%#$(!<-------This is me cursing...A LOT! LOL

I don't know about the legal advice.....I'm not a good source of info. for you! Sorry....but please let us know how everything works out for you. Give Buster a big ol' kiss for me.....and thank GOD he's ok!!!!!

Good LUCK!!
Hear! Hear!  I feel the same way.  What an ass!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)