Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

new at this

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:24 PM
  • 3 Replies
hey!  my name is debbie 34yrs livin in aurora,co  originally from staten island new york.  married for almost 13yrs (anniversay on aug22nd) and have two kids.  a girl 12yrs old and a boy, 8yrs old.  just last week my daughter friend from school and our next door neighbor was killed. bike vs jeep. daughter now at christian camp. i hope she's dealing with this better than i am.  things have been a bit rough around here for us.  i do know that i'm having a real hard time letting my little girl grow up and "letting her go"  
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
deemowe
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:38 PM
Hi nice to meet you and welcome to cafemom! I am sorry to hear about what happened. It is always hard to loose someone so close. I am sure that the fact that your daughter's friend just passed that it is making it harder for you to let her grow up. I am mom to 3 and stepmom to 2. My oldest son is 15 and it is hard to let them grow. It is only natural that we want to keep them close and protect them. You ever need to talk feel free to contact me. Have a good week.
Robin
by Head Admin on Jul. 31, 2007 at 3:13 PM

Hi there,

It's nice to meet you!

Please feel free to say hello to the other Moms here and send out some friend invitations, too!

For tips on getting stated and making friends, check out the Getting Started - Making Friends post.

There are a lot of great groups here!  The Recommended Groups post lists some of CafeMom's most popular groups.  You can click on 'Find Groups' to search for groups by topic - if you scroll down you can search by location, too!

Visit the Newcomers Group Chatterbox anytime to see if any Moms are chatting. 

Have fun on the site!
Robin
tinar1121
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 3:17 PM
I can't imagine being faced with such a close to home tragedy.  I had a dream the other night that my little girl (1 1/2) ordered her own food at a restaurant and woke up crying because she was growing up too fast.  In my defense I am pregnant again, so I don't think typically Lexi ordering her own meal would throw me into tears, but you never know...lol.   I am praying for you and your family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)