Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

waking up coughing

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 1:29 PM
  • 7 Replies
my dd is 12 weeks...it seems the past 2 days when she sleeping she wakes up coughing...she goes right back down and it does not seem to bother her. anyone else kids do this at all?
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
GSSA-4-Ever
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 1:32 PM
I would really watch it, mine started that and was all stopped up and she got RSV. She was in the hospital for 4 days when she was 3 months old. Not to scare you, it could be nothing. But if you notice she has a stuffed up nose, struggling to breath and doesnt feel good dont hesitate to take her to the doctor!

Good Luck!

This is our little girl Addison Ann!

CrzyHome
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 1:54 PM

have the doc checker her.  might be allergies, from air conditioner or something else.

b.nicole
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 1:58 PM
 Yes,I'm definitely familiar with this.I have a five year old who has been doing this since he was a baby due to his acid reflux.If thats not the case I would make sure to keep her nose suctioned out good,especially at night.It may be her sinuses running in the back of her throat.Also I notice if I have the air on at night,it bothers the kids and makes them cough.
Candle-Lynn
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 2:02 PM

Alia used to do that all the time.  If the babe goes back to bed then I would assume all is well.  :)  We had problems with waking up not able to breathe d/t snotty nose during a cold.  A drop of saline in each nostril and plug one side suck the other.  Really hard to do sometimes.  Especially in the midst of a freak out.  But, she eventually would stay still, like she new it would help ...

pedsnrs
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 3:25 PM
I would call the doctor and get an appointment made.  Could be a variety of things but the first thing that comes to mind is acid reflux.  They have medications that can be prescribed that will help.  In the mean time, after feeding your little one don't lay her down right away.  Try putting her in a baby seat for at least 1 hour after feeding.  Then when you put her in her crib,  try to find a way to elevate the head of her crib slightly and put padding around her so she doesn't slide down.  Hopefully this will help until you can get her in to be seen.  Good luck!! 
swaites2003
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 3:37 PM
Be careful - my son coughed alot as a baby and he was diagnosed with infantile asthma...i would definately take the baby to the doctor
TinaR
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 3:42 PM
If she is only doing it asleep I'd call the doc...at 12 weeks my son did that and turned out he had croup...ended up in the er and on breathing treatments.  If she gets any kind of a fever..take her in right away so it doesn't get worse.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)