Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

IM scared! Any advice!

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 2:09 PM
  • 12 Replies
Well last Monday my kids father took off, He went back to the drug life. Mind you I have never done drugs smoked a cig or drank. Im a square thats what most people say. Well he left his job and got fierd for not going in on Tuesday. Well he left Monday and hasnt been back since, He called once and said he will find another job, Well Im not putting up with that so I l packed his stuff and told him to hit the road. Well Im freaked out cause my bills are more than the lil income I get. I have been trying all week to stay strong and not show my emotions for the sake of my kids, expecially my 6year old who is bipolar/autistic/mild MR he gets real emotional when I do. Im so scared im going to become homeless lose my car and my kids if I cant get income in. Its hard for me to get a job cause babysitting. My sons conditions there is no sittters out here that will take him. My life did a 360 over night and I feel like I wont be able to do this. I have my rent covered for next month, My brother said it takes several late or no payments before the will inpound my car. My paretns are so tight with money right now they cant help. Im lost and I feel all alone. Any single moms or even not single know what I can do to get threw this. Ive never been a single mom and its scaring the crap out of me. Thanks for listing to my problems. Sadie
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 2:12 PM
So sorry about your situation, I wish I had some good advice, I don't know what I would do in that situation, all I can say is stay strong, hopefully things will work out, good luck. :)
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 2:15 PM
first i would tell him to hit the road you dont need him or his life then find a lawer that dose ssi and get it for your son talk to the welfair and tri to get emgrcy help a lot of welfair offes will help you out very fast i wish you well and keep your chin up

lifes to short live it up
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 2:17 PM
Pray about it. My heart goes out to you. Maybe run an ad for a roommate. Maybe another single mom who needs a place to live. There are lots of solutions and as long as you are living right and making good decisions all should work out. I will keep you in my prayers.
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 2:17 PM
Do you get social security (I think that's what it is) for you son with the medical problems?  Look into that and maybe public aid.  Check out when they have food pantry pick ups in your area (churches usually have them).  That's all the advice I have.  Good luck!
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 2:17 PM
have u gone to the public assistance place in ur area?  u can apply for food stamps, housing assistance, health insurance, and u can even go to the electric company for heating assistance...there is help out there, u just need to know where to look....try a government website in ur area that u can do a one stop shop kinda thing.  u can try they may be able to help out too.  good luck and God bless!!!!
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 2:19 PM
Get a hold of your childs counsellor/Doctor and tell them what has happened..also your church..They will have a list of resourses open to you . Get hold of a social owrker to. They can tell you were to get food stamps WIC housing help financal help. Make a list of what you need to do then one by one find who can help and where to go...I wish you luck and joy. You are brave and strong and a great mother to be doing this. May blessings follow you and yours

Drillers Wife, Toughest Job In The Oil Field.
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 2:20 PM
I know it will be hard.  I have done it and now my sister is going threw the same thing.  Luckly for her she is getting alot more child support than what I did. I had to work 70-80 hours a week to survive.  No it wasn't fun but I had to put food on the table.  My suggestion is first to try and get whatever assistance is out there to help you whether it be food stamps, housing assistance, medicaid etc.  You will make it and it might be hard but it can be done.  If you need to talk go to my profile and send me a message. 
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 2:21 PM
I'd go get started on welfare. They will help out alot. Also see about getting son started on SSI. Good luck.
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 2:24 PM

When my hubby was between jobs alot, we were able to get a lot of help from the state.... you could probably get WIC, Insurance help, and much more from your state human resources dept....  if you go to church,  maybe your pastor would have more ideas  of places  or people who could help..... You will be in my prayers!!!!!!! Stay strong! 

by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 2:33 PM
Thanks for all the help ladies. My son get ssi and my daughter gets Welfare and food stamps thats how I have the lil income. They both have health insurance threw the state. That income barely pays rent. I have my daughter on WIC. I have been trying to a find a real at home job since the baby sitting situation is a no go. Thank you again ladies.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)