Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help I don't Want to go back to work and leave My 2 month old

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 2:32 PM
  • 9 Replies
W hat should I do .Its killing me to leave him for just an hour to go to the store.He is my last baby.I was able to stay home longer with the others but now  I am a nurse manager on a very busy floor. W hat should I do?
http://www.lovinmybaby.com/
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
nolensmommy
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 3:09 PM
 I have this same problem!!! I wrote a journal about it actually. I finally after asking every single person that I know found one of my friends who can watch him until January, and after that ill have to find someone else. I guess Ill cross that bridge when I come to it though. For right now, I have to find me a new job. That's hard to do too.

So basically...good luck! I really didnt wanna put Nolen in a daycare for all of the horrors that I've heard and all that shaken baby stuff...and what not. I dont know. It all scares me! Especially since he is so small.

Bun-Bun
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 3:12 PM
My job ended up not giving me maternity leave so I had to return to work a week after having my baby.  I stayed for about a month then finally quit.  If you and swing it so you're financially stable, then I'd say leave your job.  Once you're baby is grown, you'll never get the time back.  I'm glad I left because I was the first one of see my daughter smile, and hear her laugh, and see her first tooth come in.  It was worth it to me to quit climbing the coporate ladder and my husband's glad that we didn't have to put her in daycare, since she was a premie.

-Gina

KimmyShaw
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2007 at 3:14 PM
They cant extend your time off?

Andrea32377
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 3:20 PM
Unfortunately, I do not have any advice for you as I've been pretty much crying all day myself. I was working from home, but it is comissioned based and very slow and the bills are piling up. I was offered to take a position at my old company. And I gotta do what I gotta do, but even though it has its benefits, it does not get rid of the hollowness in my heart knowing I will have to leave my son. Good luck to you! I know how you feel.

mommyJessi
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 3:20 PM
Hi there.  I went through a similar situation.  My daughter is 15 months old now and when she was born I decided that I didn't want to go back to work.  I had originally planned that I would go back after about 3 months or so.  But when it came down to it I changed my mind.  My husband was supportive (lucky for me) and so I stayed home.

Right about the time she turned 6 months old I started to feel very strange.  I was beyond moody, I never wanted to get out of the bed.  After my daughter would wake up in the morning I would change her, feed her and put her in the play pen in the living room while I laid on the couch and went to sleep until she started crying again either because she was hungry, dirty or wet.  This went on for about a month.  My entire family tried to help me but I just wouldn't leave the house.  It always seemed like a chore to have to get her dressed, get myself together and then load up all of her stuff, get her in the car seat and go.  Then when we got where we were going I had to carry her around on the car seat or drag out the stroller...I just didn't want to do ANYTHING. 

Finally I had to go to the doctor.  An entire month of this funk told me something was way wrong.  Long story short, it was post-partum depression.  I needed to get out.  I needed to interact with adults and be somewhere other than in my house all day, every day.  I got a part time job for Christmas at a department store.  I began to feel better, I started losing weight, my complexion brightened back up.  I was a turn around.

This is my advice: If you have a supportive family network, take as much time as you need and can afford.  Just be aware that there is a potential for post-partum.  It doesn't always show up immediately after delivery.  Know the warning signs.  If you ever start to feel that you might be falling into that state, ask for help.  There is nothing wrong with it.  A few hours a week of being with other adults or even a play date so that you can hang with other moms and your children can play with other kids helps everyone.  Best of luck to you!!!

HRworkingmom
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 3:32 PM
Have you thought about a work from home business?  Private message me if so and I can tell you what I do!

aadams33
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 5:05 PM
I know exactly how you feel.  I have been back at work now for about 1 month and it is very hard.  You should try posting a message in the Group, I Want to Stay at Home!! and you will get tons of replys on stay at home work.  I don't know anything about them but it's worth a try. I am checking out one for myself right now so we'll see how it goes.

Just hang in there...if you are meant to go back to work, it will all work out.
AQUA_N_GENE
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 5:09 PM
i dont know wat to say... ur child is more important then ur job, but u need ur job to take care of ur child. um' maybe u can request to only work so many hours, so ur not away from ur son that long. if they don't let u do that. take a picture of your child w/ u to work and put it in a plastic protector and pin it on you near your id badge, that way you will have the chance to tell everyone about ur child. that would be fun.
SHARLE
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 5:39 PM
I'm sorry this decision is so hard for you.  I stay home with my two children and I don't know what I would have done if i couldn't.  They are my life.  I work from home so I am able to make a second income to help my husband with the bills.

Shanna Harle

www.workathomeunited.com/shannaharle

Sales Spider - Access 10,000 Plus Leads Instantly  Absolutely Free! http://salespider.com/signup.php?id=617101

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)