Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ever build your own home need help please

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 2:41 PM
  • 2 Replies

-----
Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/buggersmommy
my husband and i are wanting to build our own house but before we get started on trying for the loan we want to get a close idea of what it will cost now we are wanting it about 24ft by 30 ft nothing major we are going to build it out of concrete blocks and frame the inside up in wood and its only a one story house so if any has any info on this please i need all the info i can get at the moment and if you did did u use a va loan
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Mrussell0506
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 2:49 PM
Hi, my husband and I are in the process now of building a home. They finished our block last week, and the roof should start going up tomorrow! It is a block home, like you are looking to build, but we are going to have stucco on the outside. It's a 1,400 sq. ft. home, and it cost $133,000. We live in a  rural area in Florida and got assistance since we are considered low income bc I am a SAHM. We were given 32,000 by the state, and do not have to pay it back as long as we live in the home for 15 years (I believe that's the time frame). There may be similar programs like that in your area. It's all done through USDA rural development. Hope this helps!

tiggersmile
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 2:55 PM
I live in Alabama.  My husband and I were wanting to build, and still plan to one day.. we found a contractor that would build a 1200-1400 sq. ft. home for 90,000 if you provided the land. That cost includes everything.. they even put a budget for light fixtures and flooring types.. (carpet or hardwood)
  When you go to do the loan, you have to get pre-qualified first, and they will tell you what you availability to spend it.. My husband and I just bought a house, we close on the 17th.  We got appproved for 100% of the loan, because we did not have a down payment.  Closing costs for us was gonna be aboutt 3000 dollars, but the house that we bought was a foreclosure, so the bank is going to pay half.  Hope this helps!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)