Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG Spiders

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 4:19 PM
  • 21 Replies
So before I had the baby I was a baby when it came to spiders.  Well I am home alone a lot with the baby and when I see a spider I can not freak out anymore.  I was home alone one day and my DH was not going to be home that night and there was a huge flying bug in my house.  I was freaking inside but trying not to get the munchkin upset.  I killed it by throwing a shoe at it and then getting it good when it was down.  So today I was driving the baby in the back and I see a spider in the car.  Well good thing I had not gone far so I pulled over opened the door and knocked it off the door.  I was so proud of myself.  I could not believe how I have changed towards spider.  Dont get me wrong they still give me the creepy crawlies.  Has this happened to any of you moms?

by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BabyMade3
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 4:28 PM
I prefer to suck ‘em up with the vacuum, let it run for a few minutes, then promptly dispose of the contents in a bag outside. Throwing shoes only works for so long before you break something ;)
bc6isjustright
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 4:31 PM
I was like that with needles like when you get a shot I would freak out but after labor they came to get blood the same guy that got  me the day before and I freaked and my family had to hold me down I just gave him my arm and said that little thing isn't going to hurt me now.  Funny how we change when we become a mommy.  I see differences in myself everyday.
SouthernJewell
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 4:38 PM
Here is my spider story.My dryer had broken so I hung my daughters school uniforms on the front porch to dry. Well she is a pain to wake up and get going in the morning,so we were running behind and I told her to go grab her pants off the porch. I'm in the bathroom getting dressed and I hear her scream (and I'm thinking she's just whining} so I yell," oh be quiet and get dressed" .So she gets dressed but continues to complain about all sorts of stuff. I walk around the corner  and I see the BIGGEST black widow walk away from my daughters vacinity. I quickly go into nurse mode have her take her pants off and I  see two holes were the black widow had bitten my babies leg. I don't want her to freak so I call for a ride to the hospital. Anyways she is fine now but we had two weeks of the poor thing being super lathargic and on some good meds. Watch and listen !
nymommy05
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 10:25 PM
I know exactly what you mean!  I HATE spiders and any other creepy-crawly bugs!  I have two boys now, so I can't freak out about bugs.  Luckily, I don't see them in the house very often (we have an exterminator), and I can spray them without the kids seeing.  However, last weekend, my oldest son (who is 2) found a bug and we held it and played with it for a long time!  It was a big step for me, too!  I held the bug in my hand and told Gennaro to be careful so he didn't kill it!  My first (of many!) bug experiences!! :)
luvmyparties
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 10:29 PM
I hate spiders! My oldest son loves them and goes looking for them. It creeps me out. The one night I went to walk into my room and here is this HUGE spider on my floor. I freak out and ya know what I do? I have my 6 year old come in a kill it LOL! He then looks at me and says, MOM, its just a "little" spider."

jel_e_been
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 10:34 PM

Quoting luvmyparties:

I hate spiders! My oldest son loves them and goes looking for them. It creeps me out. The one night I went to walk into my room and here is this HUGE spider on my floor. I freak out and ya know what I do? I have my 6 year old come in a kill it LOL! He then looks at me and says, MOM, its just a "little" spider."

hehe..I do the same thing, except it's my 12 yr old daughter that I call to save the day. lol...She's always wanting to save the spider or keep it for a pet instead of killing it though. lol ugh..they just freak me out!!

luvmyparties
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 10:37 PM
Well let me tell ya I went to bed feeling like a 6 year old after that one. LOL That was the day my son was the parent and I was the kid..I kept trying to justify to my son why mommy doesn't like spiders and that I did not care that I am bigger than it...they creep me out!
AngelaDawn
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 10:42 PM
When my son was about 2, he and my now ex hubby were both bitten by a brown recluse(very poisonous). My son was fine, but my ex had to have a big chunk of his arm cut out before the poison spread.
Twinkie76
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 10:42 PM

Quoting luvmyparties:

Well let me tell ya I went to bed feeling like a 6 year old after that one. LOL That was the day my son was the parent and I was the kid..I kept trying to justify to my son why mommy doesn't like spiders and that I did not care that I am bigger than it...they creep me out!
I hear ya! I hate those things!! UGH!

brighteyesmom
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 10:45 PM

I AM THE SAME EXACT WAY WITH SPIDERS! WELL THE OTHER DAY MY DEVIN WAS SLEEPING ON MY BED AND THEN WHEN I LOOKED UP I SAW A RED LITTLE (EXCUSE MY LANGUAGE) *UCKER!!  I SAID- HELL NO! GRABBED MY B/FS SHIRT AND SQUASHED IT!! HAHAH- EXCEPT THE FACT I USED HIS SHIRT. HAHA! WELL AFTER WARDS I FELT LIKE SUPER-MOM- IF ONLY SOMEONE SAW ME. I WAS COOL FOR THAT 5 SECONDS!

You know I wont let me let you down

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)