Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 4:49 PM
  • 4 Replies

Somebody stole my husbands and my check book. My husband is mad cause he thinks that i just used all the checks. It was a brand new book.. I contacted the bank and the police department. But my husband doesn't believe me what do I do?
Beth Abbott
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
TySeansmommy
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 4:52 PM
Be honest... tell him you filed a report with the bank.  I think that's all you can do!
GnGsMom
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 4:53 PM

When the checks start coming in without your signature and made to places you would never make them to....there will be your proof...then you 2 need to sit down and have a very serious talk about trust and honesty!!

Good luck!
Love life and live to love!
coco25
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 4:54 PM
I don't understand why your husband wouldn't believe you.  Do you have a history of doing things like that?  If you didn't use them, then it will be obvious when you receive your bank statements.  Once you have called the bank, the person who took the checks will not be able to use them.  If you used them, then your husband will be able to see this on the statements.  If you really didn't take the checks, then it sounds as if you two have some trust issues.
aldamoore
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 4:57 PM
I would let him know that you have contacted the police and the bank about the missing checks. That is really all you can do on your part. Hopefully with this proof of you doing that he might stop and take a second to say I am sorry that I didn't believe you. You should also contact the credit bearu's to put a fraud alert on your credit report this way if the people that have your check book try to open an account in your name the credit bearu calls to verify that you are opening the acount not someone else.  Hope everything works out.

*~*God Bless*~*
*~*Alda*~*
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)