Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PLEASE HELP!!!

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 5:02 PM
  • 12 Replies
Well, this is my first baby and Im due august 6th (in 6 days) I went to the doctor today and first of all im a little upset because I feel like my doctor just blows me off. She doesnt really explain anything, she kinda leaves me in the dust.  Im glad I got that off my chest but for the real issue, Ive been having contractions every 10 minutes.  I believe they're just braxton hicks.  But why are they every 10 minutes?  They're on time every time.  I havent lost my mucous plug or anything.  Does this mean Im close or what?  Am I supposed to lose my mucous plug first and then my water breaks or does it happen all at once?  Someone please tell me something!!! Is there anything I can do to help along the process?  I feel frusterated because Im so ready to have her, I dont get any answers from my doctor about whats going on so I thought I could post it on here and get some advice.  Thanx so much for taking the time to read this and share your experience with me.
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
adma845
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 5:04 PM
If they are every ten minutes I would go get checked.  Just to be safe.
aprilsunflower.gif
DollytheBrat
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 5:07 PM
I agree, go to the hospital anyway.  Screw your doctor, she is a tool to be used by you.  My doc always tried to make me feel stupid by asking me questions ... why does this happen ... why that..... HE should have been the one telling me. 

Anyway.  I never lost a mucus plug with either of my boys and my water had to be broke both times right before devilery. 
So go get checked, better safe than having a baby on the kitchen floor, or on the side of the road. 

Feel Free to contact me on my page if you have a response that you want me to see..

Smile2116
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 5:11 PM
The mucus plug can somtimes come out two week before so you really can't, They told me to walk at the end and my mom was told to have sex so I think it depend on your doctor
Jen85
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 5:12 PM
If they are timeable I would definetely either call the hospital and see what they think-Mine told me to wait until they were 5 minutes apart, or get checked. This stuff never seems to happen in any order-I am no expert thats for sure I just have one, but lots of my friends had gone through this as well. Only one of them ever had there water break. I hear it is only like 8% of women whose water actually breaks naturally
ebgs123198
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 5:15 PM
Go get checked.  What will it hurt.  Everyone is different.

With my daughter I started having contractions.  About 10 min apart.  I called my doctor and he said I still had hours maybe a couple days.  It's your first don't worry about it.  Four hours later I was at every 30 secs.  After 12 hours like that, the doc just made it in time to put the mask on and catch her.
ilovebopbear
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 5:17 PM
I had issues like that with my second son.  Only these lasted 3 months.  My mucus plug fell out with both and both times the dr had to break my water.  I would really go and get checked by someone not your dr because she is not taking it very seriously.  You are so close to your due date and you are consistently having contractions.  Keep us posted

dezys2babies
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 5:20 PM

I think all moms know what you are going thru, everyone gets real nervous right before there due date.  I was real nervous about my water breaking in public, but i researched it, and usually your water does not break until you are well into labor.  I had contractions with my son every seven mins on the dot and was sent home from labor and delivery twice.  This was two weeks from when my son was born.  And I delivered three days past my due date as well.  So all you really need to do is relax, and if you have any doubts go to labor and delivery.  Some people go five or six time and are sent home, so don't feel bad if they do send you home.  Enjoy it to because even tho it is hard to believe you will probably miss being pregnant!  If you have any more questions, or just want to talk you can send me a message. 

Adrianne1220
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 5:22 PM

How long have you been having them regularly like that? Are they getting any closer together? Are they getting any stronger? Have you eaten anything spicy. A hot n spicy from mickie d's sent me into hard labor.

Drive down a bumpy road, use nipple stimulation during sex, eat something spicy and pray for a fast labor.....and good luck and many prayers.

eligirl76
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 5:25 PM
  First of all, take a deep breathe. Where are your contractions coming from? Next, if you still have a mucus plug and still a float, don't worry, so much. I would get checked. Next, about your Doc.... MAKE HER LISTEN TO YOU. She might do this every day, you don't. Don't be afraid to take control. She is working for you!
   Relax.... put your feet. Drink some chaomile tea. Take care.
CatieGreen
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 5:25 PM
IF THEY CONTINUE LIKE THAT FOR 1 HOUR THEN GO GET CHECKED IF THEY SEND YOU HOME TAKE A WARM BATH AND IF THAT DOESNT WORK HAVE SEX IT HELPS THAT CONTRACTIONS MY MOMS A REGISTERED NURSE AND THAT WHAT SHE TOLD ME TO DO WHEN I WAS IN YOUR SITUATION.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)