Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do u think i should do

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 5:47 PM
  • 12 Replies
Okay so im a 21 year old single mother of a very hyper 13 mnth old. lol. But i think its time that i start getting child support from his father who has nothing to do with him by his own choice and who also has an 16 year old pregnant gf now. I dont need the money for my self but just to start saving for my son anthony if ne thing happens and for college and stuff. or if he needs ne thing in an emergency andi tried working it out with this man and he is not working with me what should i do?
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 5:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chelli509
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 5:51 PM
I think you should get the child support.  You didn't make him on your own, you shouldn't have to support him on your own.  Even if it is only to save for his future-I think that's a great idea!  Sic 'em!!  LOL

*I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe...*

roschell99
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 5:53 PM

Honestly getting child support is a very hard ordeal.  But you are looking out for the welfare of your child.  Life always gives you twists and turns and you don't know when your son might need that financial help.  I would give him the opportunity to work it out without getting the legal system involved.  Then I would call Child Services to speak with someone about getting the legal paperwork started to obtain child support from him.  He was man enough to make child he should be man enough to help financial support this child.  Good Luck.

mommy2trever
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 5:55 PM

exactly what the 1st lady said. at least u thinking of ur child futur. could be like me my parent never sat a dime aside for us for collage so needless to say we not goin to collage unless w find our own way to pay for it.
cmirisola
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 5:55 PM
Thanks for the comment...Im just tired of thinking about it myself and seems none of my friends want to hear it cause they are not moms..
delores719
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 5:58 PM
You should absolutely take him to court for child support. I'm married and have a very good support system and it can still be hard at times. Starting a trust or investing the money will trully help you in the long run.  You shouldn't think twice about Hun.
aliciacat
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 5:59 PM
I would go to the state and find out how much he should be paying. You don't have to get them involved if you think you can work it out with him, but you should find out about all your options. I really think he should be paying you, it is his responsibility!
no1mommy07
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 6:04 PM
I think he does most definatly owe you. But watch out cause if you do take him to court for it and you get it he might try to get custody. That is what happened to my sister. He never wanted the kids intill he HAD to pay for them.Just make sure the money is really worth it.
pawsgirl
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 6:04 PM
I'd definately go for it. It is a BIG help when you do need it.

www.youravon.com/bboyd

Paula3teens
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 6:07 PM
You should get child support, but remember when you set up child support he may want to have child visitation scheduled too. You have to ask yourself if you want that to be a new issue.
If so, I would get a hold of your local family support services and the District Attorneys office.
good Luck
Paula
mom1205boy
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 6:54 PM

I think u should go for it. I dont know about where u are from but in some states if a parent is on child support for one kid then another person comes along and puts that person on child support for another kid that second kid will get less $. Even if the kid was born first. Just something to think about since he now has someone else pregnant. If she were to put him on child support for her kid before u do then her kid would get more $. I don't know if thats how it works everywhere though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)