Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NOT ALLOWED TO BE SICK

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 6:20 PM
  • 11 Replies
WHy is it with men they can be sick as dogs . oh hunny help me do this or that .. were sick. ..take someting for it and tell me in the morning if your better so i know weather to be around you or not cause when your sick your really crabby.
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 6:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PandorasBox_80
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 6:23 PM
Yeah, why is that??  When we're sick, we have to keep going?  Great question!!  Now for the answer...

zoies_mommy
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 6:23 PM
YEAH MY HUBBY IS A LIKE A LITTLE BABY WHEN HE IS SICK BUT I DO HAVE TO SAY THAT HE DOES TAKE CARE OF ME WHEN I'M SICK ALSO. IT'S A BALANCED SYSTEM WE GOT GOING, WHEN HE IS SICK I'M THE DOCTOR AND WHEN I'M SICK HE IS THE DOCTOR! SORRY YOURS DOESN'T DO THE SAME!
MissyHC
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 6:24 PM

I still haven't figured that one out yet. I know what you mean though guys are such babies about being sick and they think that when we are sick that it's all good they don't care if your tired or moody.

Hopefully you will feel better soon:)

meagen3
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 6:26 PM
I feel ya. For me personally, when my fiance is sick he is a big baby. And I don't mind because I enjoy taking care of my boyz and all. He can take off work and lay around and get pampered. BUT, when I am sick, my job still continues. Not only do I still have to take care of him (sick or not), do all the "wifely duties", and so on, but I still have our son to take care of as well with no efforts to ask me if I need help. I guess us mommies are invincible! I'm not saying my fiance is a bad person by any means, just that he doesn't "think" sometimes. I just feel like saying..."remember when you were sick? How did you feel? How do you feel now?" HINT HINT HINT!

brown_crayon07
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 6:29 PM
i ahve so been wanting to know the answer to this question ever since i started dating!!!!!!  and i made my own conclusion that its just becuz men are babies when it comes to stuff like that. and since we women are the ones to have the kids and everything we are expected to be tough. lol
meagen3
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 6:33 PM
Men think they are so tough but look at this situation. Who are the ones who keep truckin along? WOMEN! If only their frineds could see the REAL side of them, when they are sick. LOL! Gotta luv 'em though!
Quoting brown_crayon07:

i ahve so been wanting to know the answer to this question ever since i started dating!!!!!!  and i made my own conclusion that its just becuz men are babies when it comes to stuff like that. and since we women are the ones to have the kids and everything we are expected to be tough. lol

heather72761
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 6:36 PM
MEN CANT LIVE WITH THEM CANT LIVE WIHT OUT THEM> then he went and got fired from his temp for hire job casue he was sick. top it off...its womens monthly stuff and its really hurting and he is on my case saying women have a chooice to be crabby or not. ...he said to quit whinning  the kids don't need to see me crying. be tough. gRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr
no1mommy07
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 6:38 PM
I feel ya. My husband is supposed to be some big tough guy, but when he is sick he is the biggest baby in the world. But when I am sick its just like noone even cares or notices for that matter.
julianns
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 7:05 PM
No kidding last winter I was soo sick i was hallucinating and I still had to do everything I normally did.. Luckily my daughter is really smart and knew how to bring me the stuff I needed to change her diaper.. or to open for her to eat... but his day went on uninterupted... so did my sisters... and she was living off of us and unemployed at the time!

JJH_mom
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 7:09 PM
I posted a journal about this same issue on my page. Men can be sick, an boy they are bigger babies than our kids arent they? But when we are sick, we have to suck it up and go about our buisness!!! thats just a bunch of BS

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)