Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TUBES!!!

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 6:25 PM
  • 37 Replies

Just got the news today from the ENT we went to see due to chronic ear infections (in the past 2 months we have been to the dr. office every week for one in either one or both of her ears, and she got them regulary since she was 2 months old), and we got the bad news that she has to have tubes. So next wednesday she goes in to have it done. She turns one on monday and then 2 days later goes in for this, I am scared about her being put to sleep. Any mom's out there been through this and can give some advice??? Thanks!

by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 6:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zoies_mommy
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 6:29 PM
i DON'T HAVE THIS PROBLEM WITH MY DAUGHTER BUT I HAVE A FRIEND AND HER SON HAD TO HAVE IT DONE. HE KEPT GETTING EAR INFECTIONS ONE RIGHT AFTER THE OTHER SO THEY FINALLY DID THE SURGERY, HE CAME OUT FINE AND HASN'T HAD AN EAR INFECTION SINCE THE SURGERY! OH AND HE WAS 10 MONTHS WHEN HE HAD IT DONE! GOOD LUCK!
madhouseof5
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2007 at 6:30 PM

Do you mean grommets? little tubes they put into there ears to help with glue ear
My son had glue ear when he was young and once he had them fitted he was a different child pain free and able to hear properly again

it was one of the best thing I had done for him

if the child has to go swimming get ear plugs to stop the water getting into the ear
You must not get there ears wet

As for the op its self Do not worry about it Its something the docs do daily and your child will be in safe hands
chelli509
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 6:31 PM
I feel ya!  I've had kids put to sleep  (ha ha, that sounds WRONG!!) 3 times, and it IS a scary thing.  Austin was only 10mos. !  Just trust in the doctors-they do this for a living!  LOL  Try not to stress too much, and be sure to have someone with you to hold your hand and take your mind off things.  Good luck, I'm sure all will be well!

*I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe...*

JJH_mom
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 6:32 PM
Both of my daughter's had it done last March and they are doing so much better. No more sickness! When they were put to sleep, they were just fine...it only takes about 15 minutes!!! She'll be just fine!!!

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
3tolove
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 6:32 PM
My oldest had them in at 13 months.  He had 11 ear infections before he was 1.  It went fine.  It takes no time at all and he was back to normal by that afternoon.  I wouldnt worry...they do it all the time.  My son was also put under for another procedure so I have been through it twice.  I am sure it will be fine.
cmirisola
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 6:34 PM
I have had a boy that i baby sit get tubes in his ear for being sick all the time and ear infections and he hasnt had one yet and is perfect no complications. with them and the surgery went fine
springinfant
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 6:36 PM

Well my daughter hasnt had to have tubes put in her ears but my little sister has. my mom was also kinda nervous about it. I don't remember what age she had them put in originally. but she had to have them put back in last year cause they had fallen out. and she did great. they gave her a liquid to drink that started to put her out. My little sister brought her baby doll with her and that helped her allot. so if your daughter has a doll or a stuffy that she likes i would suggest bringing that with you.

GoddessMama
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 6:37 PM
you're in my thoughts! good luck!

I <3 Brooklynn born 11/15/06
www.socialmommies.com

bbgibbs
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 6:37 PM

Tubes, Tonsils and Adenoidsi can relate!!! my little guy had tubes put in when he was 9mths old...they have both fell out now and we are going on the 14th to get them replace and also to have his tonsils and adenoids taken out!!! its not easy to watch your baby go..but its over before you know it!!! honestly it doesn't take NO time at all!!! and it will help! mine started walking a week after he had his put in..and hasn't stopped talking!! now if he is a good sleeper now..i hate to tell you this but they start to hear EVERYTHING!! and the good ol' sleeping days are OVER!!! but i wish you the best of luck~~ if you need anything i am here~~ please let me know how it goes for you?!?!?!

marias_mommy
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 6:41 PM

Thanks you guys, that makes me feel alot better!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)