Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Medical questions.

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 7:28 PM
  • 10 Replies
I had actually posted this in another group forum, but I didn't get a whole lot of response to it, and I  am real curious...

How long after you have a c-section birth does it take for your uterus to go back down to normal size?

and I have another question-

I haven't been to a doctor about this just yet, but I wanted to see if maybe any of you knew.

Just recently, Nolen has developed little tiny bumps all over his skin. They werent there before. He usually has really soft clear baby skin. I know it isnt a milk allergy bc he's already on SOY milk. He was on it a few weeks before this happened. I wash his clothes seperate with the non perfume, no dye...etc. detergents too. Does anyone know what this could be? maybe excema?

by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 7:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amaznkellbo
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 7:34 PM
It sounds like your baby has just a common rash...it could be due to the heat lately.  Just make sure to wash it with a mild soap and pat it dry.  If it doesn't go away or get better in a couple of days call your doctor.  As far as you c-section, you should have gone back down to normal at your 6 week checkup.  If not, I would call your doctor and ask.
nolensmommy
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 11:09 PM

Quoting amaznkellbo:

It sounds like your baby has just a common rash...it could be due to the heat lately.  Just make sure to wash it with a mild soap and pat it dry.  If it doesn't go away or get better in a couple of days call your doctor.  As far as you c-section, you should have gone back down to normal at your 6 week checkup.  If not, I would call your doctor and ask.
The bumps don't look like heat rash to me. I dont know, its hard to explain. You can feel them more than see them. They aren't read or anything.

nemiller
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 11:10 PM
I don't really know.  I just didn't want you thinking people are ignoring this.  I hope you get the info you need from mom's who've had c-sections, but I think this is a great question to ask your doctor.
lisama
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 11:12 PM
does it look like really dry skin? if so it is probably excema and it will get red, the best thing you can do for that is a TINY bit of hydrocortizone cream which you can get at wal mart or target or any where like that.
JAKNDRAMAQUEEN
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 11:17 PM

The bumps might be baby acne.  Both of my kids went through it around a couple of months old and it stayed around about a month.  My doctor told me that is what it was and that it doesn't hurt them.  I would still check it out with your pediatrician though.  As far as the uterus thing - not sure.  I had a c-section with my second child but can't remember.

I_am_so_blessed
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 11:20 PM
Oh gosh, I wish I could remember how long it took for my uterus to go back down. Oh, hmm....I think a couple months, I could be wrong though. It's been almost a year since my son was born. I'm sorry I can't be more help on that.

As far as the bumps on his face go: do they look like that have little white heads on them? If so: that's baby acne. If not it it probably just clogged pores from the heat resulting in a heat rash. Just use a gentle soap and warm water to wash his face.

*Tiffany Rene*- Luke 18:27: With God all things are possible.
Libbi-PA
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 11:23 PM
Not sure about the c-section, but the rash sounds like dry skin.  My middle daughter had that a lot and my younger does a little.  Seems worse in summer and winter, but fall and spring they seem okay.  Dr. gave me Eucerin samples to put on them.  It's just a lotion you can get at wal-mart or wherever.  It's a little expensive though.  Good luck.
bluesunkiss
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 11:32 PM
I had a C and at my 6week is back down to normal. and the bumps my son who is 8 weeks has them as well. his are from the heat.
nolensmommy
by on Aug. 1, 2007 at 12:55 AM

Quoting bluesunkiss:

I had a C and at my 6week is back down to normal. and the bumps my son who is 8 weeks has them as well. his are from the heat.
Maybe it is from the heat...he gets really warm when hes in his carseat. I really dont think its dry skin. It doesnt seem like dry skin..we put lotion on him everyday..sometimes more than once! Thank you to everyone who replied though!

sarahmomto3
by on Aug. 1, 2007 at 12:57 AM

Quoting amaznkellbo:

I was going to say the same thing, my baby has them also.....I dont know anything about a c-section though! Good luck!

I keep it real and thats a promise,I might be a bitch but atleat im honest!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)