Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anybody have a kid like this????

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 10:18 PM
  • 14 Replies

My 2 year-old seems to cry at a drop of a hat, I mean ANYTHING makes him cry and it can be very very annoying and draining. He cry's more then my 3 month old baby. So I was wondering if anyone else out there have a son or daughter that does it or did do it? And how do you deal with it? Any advice would be nice! Thanks!!!

-----
Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/israswifey06
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SWCCwife
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 10:21 PM
Of course. My daughter is such a whiner. Your not alone. I just wait it out. Casse in ppint right now she was thorwing herself against my computer desk. I said Hey! and she just started bawling. HA HA!!! GOOD LUCK.
mslotus
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 10:23 PM
My daughter does this some days. She is 1 year old. She will cry if I leave the room or if I tell her no. She will start crying if she drops something that she is playing with, sometimes she will just cry for no reason at all. First I make sure that she isn't hurt and if she is fine I just let her cry. I know that it can be frustrating but just try not to think about the crying and if you dont pay them any mind they will stop crying and go on with what their doing.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Twinkie76
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 10:24 PM
Yes my 2 1/2 yr old son cries all the time. He is very sensitive. I just try to console him because I know that he is hurt even though to me it might not be that big of a deal.

momx22
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 10:25 PM
my son is 17mths old & is like that alot. b/c we have a new baby that he has to share att. with.  has there been any changes in home??   i just ignore him when he does it as hard as it may be,  b/c my att. is exactly what he's trying to get by behaving this way.  i'd be encouraging the behavior if i reacted, well thats mt take on it, hope it helps.
tamorse2
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 10:25 PM
My daughter went through that when I had my son. It would get worse when she was tired. It was just a phase and it went away when she realized that her new brother was here to stay.
luvmyparties
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 10:26 PM
One of my twins does that. At first I thought I would go crazy. Nothing would calm him down...I tried everything. Then one day I ignored him. By ignoring him I mean that I would not try all of my tricks because the more I tried the more he would cry. Once he realized that he wasn't getting the attention he wanted, he stopped and started playing. It was thenI realized he was just throwing fits for no apparent reason. It has been much calmer since then LOL
momoftwns
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2007 at 10:27 PM

OHHH LORDY AM I THERE WITH YOU, I HAVE TWO YEAR OLD TWINS, B/G, BY DS IS ALLLLWAYS CRYING OVER NOTHING, MOST OF THE TIME ITS FOR ATTENTION, WHICH DOES GET ON MY NERVES SO I KNOW HOW U FEEL.  IF HES CRYING UNCONTROLABLY I TRY AND FIGURE OUT Y HES CRYING, HE DOESNT TALK MUCH SO HE RESORTS TO CRYING AND SCREAMING, AND TRY AND FIX WHAT IS WRONG....ALSO IF HE KEEPS IT UP I SEND HIM TO HIS ROOM WHERE HE CAN TAKE THE TANTRUM OUT, THEN WHEN HES DONE ILL BRING HIM BACK OUT.  I KNOW IT SOUNDS KINDA MEAN TO DO THAT, BUT WHEN HE DOES THAT SOMETIMES I CANT HANDLE HIM SO THATS Y HE GOES INTO HIS ROOM, AND IT ACTUALLY SEEMS TO BE WORKING...GOOD LUCK!

busy-mommy
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 10:28 PM

LOL all 4 of my boys are very sensitive,they cry about nearly everything..even my 10 year old!!
Of course they don't do it in public,only with me,my fiance says I spoil them..but my daughter isn't like that,she is SO independant, she never cries about anything.
JessiBishop
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 10:29 PM
i watch a little boy and he is 2 an he crys about anything and everything. he also does not talk and when he does he sounds a litttle off. he doesnt understand anything you tell him either. but he will cry out of no where. you dont even have to be talking to him or anyone else for that matter. i dont know what to do about it exept be stern and tell them thats enough... it works with him

Ryansmommy64
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 10:30 PM
I think 2 to 3 is a sensitive time. They are trying to be independent and still our babies at the same time. Mine will have a fit is I don't let him help with some thing then turn around and have a fit if  I ask with help with the same thing he just did. Just assure them it is ok to feel like they do. And wait out the fits
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)