Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

hard being a mommy

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2007 at 8:39 PM
  • 5 Replies
Hi Im kinda new here, but I think i'm getting the hang of things. I'm trying to make new friends. I currently don't have any (sigh) My old friends are all single or not in a serious relationship with no children. They pretty much abandoned me. It's like oh look she has a kid she's no fun anymore. I hate not having any friends. I miss going out and doing things with them. I feel so alone.
by on Mar. 22, 2007 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
NicNakMom
by on Mar. 22, 2007 at 8:56 PM
I know exactly how you feel. t's tough keeping in touch with people who are in different stages of their lives. One of my best friends just recently got married but she's not ready for kids yet and she lives about 100 miles from me anyway.  My other best friend has 2 kids and one on the way but she works full time so we never see each other anymore.  I'm having a hard time trying to meet other moms who I can hang out with.  I'm grateful for this site though because I've already found three moms who live near me and hopefully we can plan a play date soon.  Anyway, if you want another friend, just add me.  Maybe we can chat sometime.  Take care.
thejonestrio
by on Mar. 22, 2007 at 8:57 PM
Dont feel alone. You arent the only one. I only hang out with family and church members. I feel the same way about all my prebaby friends. Even the ones that do have kids. They just dont take motherhood as seriously as I do. I would rather be with people who dont mind to be around my daughter. I like to have people say... "Dont worry about a thing! She is a baby! She has all of our attention! We love her!" It just makes a person feel good to hear that instead of "Ummm, well, do you have a sitter?" Besides, generally, if you do get a sitter, all you can think about is your little one anyway. What fun is that?!
gracelynnsmom
by on Mar. 22, 2007 at 9:00 PM
I know how ya feel. I'm 22, married and have a 5 month old baby girl. Most of my friends are still dating, partying and just having fun so we don't really get a chance to hang out. I am also pretty much the only one to take care of my baby because her daddy is in pharmacy school and is always so busy. I love being a mommy and wouldn't trade it for all the friends in the world but, yes it is hard and a bit overwhelming at times!

lacy
Kidzrajoy
by on Mar. 22, 2007 at 9:25 PM
Good friends don't have to have children in common,so its their loss to misunderstand you can't be fun....just an opportunity for you to expand your horizons!!
I sure can relate!I quit my job to be a SAHM,leaving my coworkers was like losing friends.My other friends are part of the working world and cannot relate,as a result our friendships have cooled.In my isolated state,I quickly realized I had to reach out.Invite whoever you can think of over-family,friends you have lost touch with etc.Get out to the park,library whatever to meet people.
mommy921
by on Mar. 22, 2007 at 9:28 PM
I know exactly how you feel.  All my friends stopped talking to me while I was pregnant but now they are all having babies of their own... Either way, i know how you feel... If you need anyone to talk to and vent or just have a good chat Im here... Dont get stressed about it.. you have your baby and thats all that matters... They dont know what they are missing... Hope to talk to you soon!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN