Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Bored and lonely!!!

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 12:18 AM
  • 12 Replies

Hi Ladies, Okay heres the deal....im a 21yr old mommy to a beautiful 6month old girl, she is my everything. I got married last year to my husband who is from NC....im from London England, thats where we met and before i knew it i was in love and packing my bags, giving up my whole life as i knew it to be with him. I have been here for 2 years now and have met 0 friends! I dont know if i should laugh or cry! As i said i must be a loser lol...It gets so lonely being in the house all day everyday while my husband is at work and im sure im not all alone on this one! I dont drive either...its like prison lol. I have no friends or family in this country and its starting to wear me down. I miss life! Im use to a busy city life and i have had to adapt so much living here!!! I LOVE meeting new people from all walks of life...and now that im a new 'mom' it would be great to meet other mums....i guess this the right place. Thats my story.xxxxx.Kiss

by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 12:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Joy6
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 12:29 AM

Hi I hope we can become good friends. and that way you can say you have friends now .  

okiemommie
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 12:33 AM
Hi and welcome!!! Sorry you're having such a hard time right now but you've come to the right place. I joined about a week or so ago and have meet some very wonderful ladies. Everyone is full of advice and very helpful no matter how "strange" you question or comment may seem:) Stick around and join some groups, I'm sure you'll start chatting with some great moms soon!! Have a great weekend:)
SmilingSpirit
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 12:33 AM
Hey there, I think you've come to the right place!

I see you're from NC, me too :) There is a group called Rockin Carolina Mommies, it's a neat group, and that may help.

This is a really nice mommy community - welcome!!
kayleighsmummy
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 12:38 AM
Count me in......in your friend parade. :)
LoveMyJJ
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 12:38 AM

You're not alone!  I'm stuck in the house too!  We only have 1 car, so my dh gets it ever day for work.  I don't really have friends either, so that's why I joined the group and it's been really nice being able to communicate with other girls!  Maybe it will help you too!

PALMTREES
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 12:46 AM
   hi  just joined tonight  i love to make new friends  would love to have you as mine!!!  it seems like this is a good place to start!! 
BestestMom22
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 12:53 AM
NorthStar:

U must truly feel so alone.  Does ur husbands family live anywhere near u? Doesnt he have friends in this area? What did he do before he got his two girls? I feel for u dear, but I am someone u can always count on. My son will b 19 in 6 wks, so I may sound like a mother, but some of my best friends r the kids I raised from his HS because they hung out at my house all the time. Said they knew they were in a "safe place" here. Send me an invite, and we'll try to work thru this together.  Take care.

BestestMom22
shanesmomma
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 1:10 AM
hi there
i know what you are going through.
my hubby is military and recenlty moved from alaska to cali
all my family is from the south
i hate feeling so lonely
and always the same routine
don't get me wrong i love being at home with my son (he'll be 1 next month)
it's just hard when you have noone to talk too
but maybe we can start talking daily :)
jeneth03
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 1:17 AM

I just moved across the country and am feeling the exact same way as you are feeling!  I joined Cafemom for the same reasons, to meet some people with some things in common.  It's so hard for a SAHM to meet new people.  I hope you feel better soon! 
Jen

kiki1121
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 1:32 AM
hi! i kind of know the lonely feeling- i just moved out of ohio, where i've lived my whole life, to wyoming. left behind a handful of good friends and my family whom i am very close to. my husband relocated us for a job which is great but now i have no friends or family around. i've been here for 6 months and am going crazy with no women to talk too! i adore my husband and 5yr old son but sometimes you need a little more, like girl talk or a night out w/out the boys. so welcome to cafemom and i would love to be your friend! i am also on myspace, you can check out my profile there too, if you are on it. myspace.com/kiki329
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)