Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CafeMom Theme - Witness an historical event

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 4:57 AM
  • 25 Replies

If you could go back in time and witness one historical event, what event would you attend?

Read what other moms are writing

Write your own post

View prior themes

Feel free to post your response here, in the journals, or both!Smile

by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 4:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2awesomekids
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 9:40 AM
i dont know what event i would want to be apart of. i guess back during columbus day .
2kidsplustwins
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 9:43 AM
Hmmm, witness a historical event, not sure, too deep of a question for me this morning,lol, but I would like to go back and hang with Laura Ingalls when she was a girl,lol, I'm such a Little House nut!
lovingmax
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 9:49 AM
i think i would like to see jesus as a little boy.  i never really thought about that until now.  people always want to see the crucifixion or his teachings as an adult but you never hear someone talking about him as a child.  how different from our little boys was he?  was he as curious?  all little boys seem to have a great love for their mother and that has been made obvious throughout the bible but i've often wondered if jesus was a man but just in a little boy's body.
moonflower711
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 10:48 AM
The Ressurection of Christ. I think there must have been alot of joy on that day, even with the doubt. I just hope if I was there I would appreciate as much as I do now.
Kirs
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 11:05 AM
Goodness, any historic event? I would probably want to go back to the days of Joan of Arc or something like that.  I am a big history buff. . .so it is hard to actually pick just one.  But I think to know Joan of Arc would be freaking awesome.
crazychicka85
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 11:23 AM

I would want to go back to the time of Christ. No one really knows what happened for sure. We have our teachings and our Bibles, but how can we really tell that's what's really happened. I think it would be quite an experience!!!

cbambino
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 11:43 AM
Anything that has to do with Elizabeth I of England.  She's my favorite historical figure.  So maybe the day she ascended to the throne?  Or when they defeated the Spanish Armada?  Or Shakespeare?  Did he write the plays or not?

I can't decide!  I love history though and find most of it really interesting.
spootfred
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 1:28 PM
The time when people discovered you could eat certain things like asapragus and artichokes.  How did they decide that an artichoke could even be eaten and how.  It does not look like a food to me!  What was the experimentation like?  I would never think to scrape the leaves with my teeth!  I love them now but I can't imagine what that first person must have been thinking when they first tried to eat them.
heavensent_nyla
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 1:33 PM

If I could go back in time and witness one historical event it would be the birth of Christ.

Stargazer_Mommy
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 1:38 PM
I would visit the occasion that Beethoven's "Ode to Joy" was performed by an orchestra for the first time. It must have been incredible.
Or visiting the time period when the Musee d'Orsay was an art school.

Stargazer
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)