Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The police came knocking at the door

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 3:54 PM
  • 5 Replies

Early this afternoon there was a knock at the front door My friend who was having a coffee with me, called to me as I was in the kitchen That there was a copper at the door

My heart was in my mouth, My oldest son is in Uni and have not seen him in a week My other son had been out with mate all night and have not heard from him
and my husband works miles  out of town
All I could think was it was going to be bad new, I have never had the police at the door
As I opened the door I could see lots of them
The very young good look copper said can we come in please?
we need to get into the back of the houses!

We have a ten foot, access to the back of the houses, and at each end there is large gates to stop people from just using them to brake into the house
So the police could not get to the house nextdoor
I looked out to see two coppers with a battering ram knocking the door down and run in
Told the copper, No he was not getting into the house But I would happily open the back gate He would have to meet me on the other-side

There was police allover the place
and all for one young woman
I have no idea what she had done, or what they wanted from her
but boy did they want her
there was 3 police cars and 8 policeman
At the same time i had to go and pick up my daughter. and from the nursery school doorway All the other mums and i could see what was happening from the back of the houses

Still a little worried about what the girl will think about me letting the coppers in the back to stop her running off
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
gacgbaker
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 4:53 PM
You did the right thing, just imagine if she was dangerous and you didn't let them in your gate to catch her, then she hurt someone, that is much worse then what she will think of you for you allowing the poilce into your yard.

Amber
Pregnancy Group Owner
Children's Health Issues Group Owner
boysx5
by on Mar. 24, 2007 at 6:59 AM
yes you did do the right thing she must have done something if she was trying to run away. Keep us posted on what happened with her just me being nosy
pictsiemom
by on Mar. 24, 2007 at 7:10 AM
You absolutely did the right thing!  Law enforcement officers have one of the most dangerous jobs there is.  Every little thing we do to help, helps bring them home safe to their families.

Okay - I'm off my soapbox now.  If you're dying of curiousity, most local police departments, sheriff's offices, and clerks of court have public records available on their websights.  It's more fun than watching night court!
Robin
by Head Admin on Mar. 24, 2007 at 8:00 AM
I agree, it was best for you to do what you did and cooperate with the police.

Did you ever find out what happened?
madhouseof5
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2007 at 11:47 AM

Think it was a drugs bust around here But do not think i will ever find out

The police around here do not have guns so do not think its as dangerous as in the USA
Still would not want the job
did not like the idea of them runing around my house I have nothing to do with them because of anything my family have done so way should the people next door drag them into my life
nothing against them but
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)