Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stretch Marks??? Help!

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 5:43 PM
  • 8 Replies
Hey I had my daughter 3 months ago yesterday.....i've been using mederma for kids on my stretch marks 3-4x a day and they have been going away...(they aren't that bad to begin with) but im just dieing for them to disapear!!!  The only problem is that stuff is about $15 for a very small tube.....anyone have any suggestions on anything cheaper.....or what works the best???  Thanks!
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 5:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 5:50 PM
I know streach marks can be something that just bothers you and drives you nuts!  I really have yet to find a product that gets rid of them.  The good news is that with time they will fade... this summer make sure you don't expose your stomach to the sun's uv rays... that can make them darker.  Try vitamin e oil over the mederma, I have never heard that mederma works after the fact... before yes, but not after.

Pregnancy Group Owner
Children's Health Issues Group Owner
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 5:50 PM
I was watching a show about skin care and a dermatologist said you wont ever get rid of them totally. The only way to get rid of them totally would be to have them lazer treated while they are still red/purple. She said once they turn tan or whatever that that's it.  She also said tanning makes them worse because they don't tan.  I was once told that the stretch mark cream from avon worked really well. It's worth a try!  If you figure it out let me know!!
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 5:54 PM

Try using a cocao butter, Like Palmer's, it's fairly inexpensive.  It has vitamin E and Aloe and Cocoa butter, all very good for skin repair.  They have it in a spray on oil too, that I use after a shower, then I just rub it in, plus with a spray oil you can put it on alot quicker.  Just use it very religiously and in time they will diminish, but may never dissapear.  With thime they turn from pink to white, and get smaller in size, and then if you tan in the summer, it may help in making them look non-exsistent.

by on Mar. 25, 2007 at 11:18 AM
I appreciate all the suggestions... I have stretchmarks too and wish they would go away!
by on Mar. 25, 2007 at 8:06 PM
I have a product that is absolutely amazing with stretch marks.  It is botanically-based, all natural, no animal products or byproducts, no mineral oil, chemicals or dyes.  If you want more information, you can email me at or you can call me on my cell phone at 985-630-5261.

by on Mar. 25, 2007 at 8:15 PM
yeah, I think every mom has them and if they don't then somthings wrong with them LOL I gained alot of weight with my first son and I have them all over from gaining all that weight so fast. They are on my legs,belly  and arms. I hate it ,I always wore shorts and tanks in the summer now I don't.  Getting into a swimsuit well thats a big NO. If ya find somthing that works let me know! 
by on Mar. 25, 2007 at 8:16 PM

I had a few stretch marks even with being a fanatic about lotions while I was pregnant, but I also had a C-section. The doctor told me to buy pure vitamin e oil capsules- it has to be pure...and break open the capsules and put the vitamin e on the scars. You can't even see my stretch marks and the C-section scar is almost invisible!! That stuff works great!!! I also put mederma on top after the vitamin e soaked in the skin. You can find the capsules at any health store and sometimes the pharmacies. I have told everyone I know about it since!!!!

by on Mar. 26, 2007 at 8:08 AM
I had 4 kids and no stretch marks.I know this works .Used Hawaiin tropic tanning lotion not oil  in brown bottle...has emollient that  eases stretching of skin returning the moisture..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)