Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Pregnant W/ first! Just found out Wed 14th!

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 6:23 PM
  • 10 Replies

My hubby an I found out we are Pregnant! Wed the 14th! I went to the doc on Fri 16th. Had some blood work done. Went back Mon 19th for more blood work. He called on Tuesday and told my my hcg level on Friday was 675 and on Monday it was 2,500! Holy smokes! I had a miscarriage 2 yrs ago, so this is very exciting! I go in again on Friday the 30th. He said I will probably see a heart beat! I think I am having twins. What should Io be expecting the next few weeks? Besides excitement!?Laughing

by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 6:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JaydenMatthew
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 6:29 PM
First of all Congrats.....Everybody's body is different I know I had a lot of morning sickness all day everyday until about 6 months my baby was healthy, easy but long delivery...you have a lot of stuff coming, your body will be changing and your breast are gonna get extremely swollen and start to ache well at least for me.....lol...good luck
HudsonsMommy
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 6:30 PM
Wow! Congrats! I was really tired my whole first trimester. All I wanted to do was sleep... Now I wish I could half that much! :) But that's is really great. I hope everything goes well for you. Why do you think you are having twins?
Irksmom
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 6:40 PM
Congratulations!  Everyone is different and I've heard every pregnancy is different.  I was tired and felt like I would pass out my entire first trimester, but luckily never was sick with morning sickness.  Take it easy and be prepared for anything...sickness, swelling, faintness, sore breasts, etc.  But the outcome is so worth it!!!! Congrats again!
ColdFire
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 6:46 PM
Hi.  Congrats!!!  All pregnancys are different so noone can tell you exactly what to expect.  My first preg was a little rough and my second was like a walk in the park.  but I honestly enjoyed it both times.  My husband and I said two kids were enough but I think I will miss being pregnant (yes, I know some think I'm nuts *L*)
2cjsmommy06
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 7:01 PM
Wow! So this means you are newly pregnant!! I was like that. I took a test then went to the doctor 4 days later.  The PA thought that I should've been around 9 weeks so we tried the heart beat, nothing.  Then an ultrasound, nothing.  Then I was given another test for Hcg level and come to  find out I was only 2-3 weeks along. Talk about a long pregnancy!! I had to wait 3 weeks to have another ultrasound to see how far along I really was, and sure enough we got to see the baby.  So my first ultrasound was of a baby the size of a grain or rice! 
I loved being pregnant.  I could've done without the sleeping 18 out of 24 hours a day.  I was lucky and only had morning sickness for 3 weeks. The only time it was really bad was when it was extremely hot. 
Good luck with everything and enjoy it!! 
gacgbaker
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 7:11 PM
Congratulations!  That is so exciting!  As far as what to expect... when you hear that heart beat your heart will just melt!  You might start getting some morning sickness, some mild cramping, being tired alot... that sort of thing!  Please feel free to stop by the Pregnancy Group if you have not already!

Amber
frostyswirl
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 7:40 PM
Awww! Congats! How do you know you are having twins. A word of advice, crackers! Unless you are one of the lucky ones, morning sickness may be right around the corner. I have an almost 10 month old little girl. How far along are you? I found out at like 4 or 5 weeks. I didn't feel any different until a couple of weeks later when sickness set in. I didn't have it real bad. I just felt sick most of the time for about 3 mos but after that it's like I was making up for lost time and wanted to eat everything! One of the best feelings is when you feel the baby kick for the first time. That is something you get to look forward to. There is a good website called  verybestbaby.com It's by Nestle co. They have 3-d pictures of what your baby looks like week to week. Check it out. It's really neat! Congrats again and drop me a line if you have any questions. Good luck!
MommieJ
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 8:42 PM
Wow, well first Congratulaions! I am so happy for you and your husband. As for what to expect, I guess just nausea and tiredness. But it's different with everyone, what you'll feel. As for Dr. I went in once a month until the last month then went in every week. You should be able to hear the heartbeat at 10 wks, and it is very exciting. If you have any questions or just want to talk let me know. Good luck!

Jenn
Lsmom
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 8:51 PM
Congrats....there is nothing more exciting in life than the birth of your child!! You will most likely be emotional and tired this first trimester, but try to enjoy it....it goes by quickly and before you know it your little one will be here and pregnancy will be just a memory!!
Robin
by Group Admin on Mar. 23, 2007 at 10:38 PM
Congratulations!!!Smile

Keep us posted - I wonder if you'll see 2 heartbeats at your next appt. 

How exciting!!!

Best wishes to you,
Robin
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)