Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Please help...1 year old has poopie stuck in her butt.

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2008 at 1:52 PM
  • 14 Replies

My 1 year old has some poopie stuck in her butt and can't get it to push out.  I tried wiping it out, can't.  I tried putting her in different positions.  She's crying and I'm sure in pain.  How do I make it easier?

expecting babyDevongirl on a swingbaby gift

by on Nov. 20, 2008 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kayleighsmom110
by on Nov. 20, 2008 at 1:53 PM

Did you try rubbing her butt cheeks to help her push it out

alecia4

call the dr or go get some supporties..

jjlwallace

why don't you try taking her temperature rectaully (with lots of vasaline on it) hopfully that will brake it up enough to come out

MaddiesMaMa418
by on Nov. 20, 2008 at 1:54 PM

put her in a warm bath

monseymom

give her prune juice or a suppository.

tmaega
poor baby :( my sil had this problem with one of her twins and they told her to put vaseline around it to help it slide out...maybe if you can just get her to relax it will come out...
stacymomof2

Vaseline should help.

surfarosa25
by on Nov. 20, 2008 at 1:56 PM

Quoting MaddiesMaMa418:

put her in a warm bath

This always help my daughter....And keeping her well hydrated helps too.

897872001185823511.gif War Eagle image by auburnfan06Fam10-1.png smaller image by todd_tanya_miller

gracysmom2007
by on Nov. 20, 2008 at 1:56 PM

That would mean she's impacted. You can call the dr but he/she will probably tell you the same thing (well they'll tell you to come in to pay a dr to do it BUT you can do it urself if ur not weak stomached) Go get some rubber gloves (or you don't have to but that's gross) get vaseline on ur finger and ...sorry for lack of better terminology....dig it out to give her some releif and then give her lots of juice and water to loosen it all up (what's left in her colon) this is only good to do if you can actually SEE it there......if she's just constipated do a rectal temp...I work in the medical field I've done it several times..its gross but it's the only way

The Horn Family wishes you all a Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas!

SeritaG
by on Nov. 20, 2008 at 1:57 PM

Quoting jjlwallace:

why don't you try taking her temperature rectaully (with lots of vasaline on it) hopfully that will brake it up enough to come out

I pretty much did this when my daughter had this problem.  Her poop became hard because she was switching to whole milk, and she would have huge poops that couldn't get out.  I also put her in a squatting position, or put her legs up to her chest and it helped her push it out.  Good luck. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)