Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

prune juice to induce labor

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2008 at 7:45 PM
  • 17 Replies

has anyone tried it and did it work

by on Nov. 22, 2008 at 7:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KalebsMommee
by on Nov. 22, 2008 at 7:46 PM

Prune juice? I wouldn't try it unless you want severe diarrhea during labor..  That is all it's going to do. Things like this don't work unless you're already proceeding into labor anyway.

danahake
by on Nov. 22, 2008 at 7:48 PM

no prune juice. ive heard black and blue cohash which is a vitamin or sex always worked for me.

jaxTheMom
by on Nov. 22, 2008 at 7:48 PM

What she said.  Not going to work.  Neither is ipecac syrup or Chinese food.

It happens when your body is read, and not one second before.  I'm sorry hon.  I remember how badly that sucked, waiting and just wanting "go time!".  Just walk all you can, and get plenty of rest and sleep.

tgrantsmom
by on Nov. 22, 2008 at 7:49 PM

i have every sign of labor except my water breaking and consistent contractions

Quoting KalebsMommee:

Prune juice? I wouldn't try it unless you want severe diarrhea during labor..  That is all it's going to do. Things like this don't work unless you're already proceeding into labor anyway.

tgrantsmom
by on Nov. 22, 2008 at 7:52 PM

bump

KalebsMommee
by on Nov. 22, 2008 at 7:53 PM

Still if your body isn't going into labor by itself, nothing is going to help it along.

My SIL tried castor oil WHILE she was in labor the only thing she got was bad diarrhea. Yea, not something you really want while giving birth.

Walking is the best thing you can do and sex, LOTS OF IT!

Quoting tgrantsmom:

i have every sign of labor except my water breaking and consistent contractions

Quoting KalebsMommee:

Prune juice? I wouldn't try it unless you want severe diarrhea during labor.. That is all it's going to do. Things like this don't work unless you're already proceeding into labor anyway.

Nymphaea
by on Nov. 22, 2008 at 7:56 PM

Ipecac syrup? Who uses that? That shit is not only dangerous, it's deadly. I can't believe anyone would put that in a post for preggos to read and think it's worth trying. Yikes.
And the OP already knows that black cohosh can rip apart your uterus.
Case, I think it will be funny for you to suck down some prune juice and, if you avoid barfing your guts out, calling me tomorrow unable to leave the bathroom!!!!!

Just have that kid already so you don't make my tarot a liar! Yeah, I did it.

Quoting jaxTheMom:

It happens when your body is read, and not one second before.  I'm sorry hon.  I remember how badly that sucked, waiting and just wanting "go time!".  Just walk all you can, and get plenty of rest and sleep.

tgrantsmom
by on Nov. 22, 2008 at 8:20 PM

LOL!!! IM trying Im trying

Quoting Nymphaea:

Ipecac syrup? Who uses that? That shit is not only dangerous, it's deadly. I can't believe anyone would put that in a post for preggos to read and think it's worth trying. Yikes.
And the OP already knows that black cohosh can rip apart your uterus.
Case, I think it will be funny for you to suck down some prune juice and, if you avoid barfing your guts out, calling me tomorrow unable to leave the bathroom!!!!!

Just have that kid already so you don't make my tarot a liar! Yeah, I did it.

Quoting jaxTheMom:

Nymphaea
by on Nov. 22, 2008 at 8:58 PM

Knock that braindead husband of yours over the head and have massive sex with his unconsious self! It works the same...

Quoting tgrantsmom:

LOL!!! IM trying Im trying

tgrantsmom
by on Nov. 22, 2008 at 9:12 PM

LOL! I just drank about 12 oz of prune juice. My husband is taking bets on how long it will be before I start poopin everywhere!!

Quoting Nymphaea:

Knock that braindead husband of yours over the head and have massive sex with his unconsious self! It works the same... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)