Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

how emotional were you right before labor?

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2008 at 8:30 PM
  • 15 Replies

I will be 39 weeks tommorow and Im an emotional wreck.  My mom says thats a sign that labor is coming soon, but soon could be another week or more.  How was your emotional state the day you went into labor, or does that even play a role in labor?

by on Nov. 30, 2008 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rowansmum
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2008 at 8:32 PM

Not at all, a little stressed cuz of the whole nesting thing.  All I did different that night was eat half of a premade lasagne.  Not just cuz I was bored,  no no I was STARVING

briezysmommy
by on Nov. 30, 2008 at 8:33 PM

I was an emotional wreck the day of. My brother got home from Iraq that day and I spend the day with him at the mall. We walked around the mall for like 4 hours and I was just so happy that he was home and not going to miss my daughter's birth that I kept almost crying in the mall and had to stop myself. I think it was all the walking that day that put me into labor, though.

laurie,

2kidsandamom08
by on Nov. 30, 2008 at 8:35 PM

With my daughter very moody. With my son I just wanted to go shopping before I gave birth to him to make sure we had everything we needed.

ReadyorNot
by on Nov. 30, 2008 at 8:40 PM

I was 4 days overdue with my daughter and feeling great actually.  I spent like 4 hours that day cleaning my car, inside and out, a total scrub down.  I guess that was subconciously my way of "nesting."  I think I knew deep down that I wouldn't have a chance to clean the car again for a while, lol.  Also, that night I took a really long shower.  Before the shower fiance and I were having a fairly good tiff between ourselves, so it could of been anything.  That day was a very busy one for me, but not emotional.  I never stopped that day until like 10:30 at night when I sat down to read a book in bed and my water broke.

preview image

Looking for a 100% Risk Free Work From Home Reality?  I Can Help!!   www.workathomeunited.com/caelab

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Nov. 30, 2008 at 8:42 PM

i was not emotional at all with all 4 of my babie's

ta2edmommee
by on Nov. 30, 2008 at 8:43 PM

The day I went into labor I was very calm, it was my hubbies 21st birthday, so we went to the bar with some friends. I had already started having contractions but they weren't close enuff to go to the hospital so I shot pool all day long while he got drunk with his brother. At about 2 am we went to the hospital, I was hoping i would have him that day on my hubbies b-day but I had him the next day. Now as far as up to that day I was a big cry baby. Good Luck momma its comin soon!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

friends4me
by on Nov. 30, 2008 at 8:45 PM

NOPE ACTUALLY THE LAST WEEK OF MY PREGNANCY I WAS THE NICEST I HAVE EVER BEEN. BEFORE OR SINCE. LOL I WAS SO SUGARY SWEET I KEPT THINKING MAN THEY NEED TO MARKET THIS STUFF AND SELL IT FOR DEPRESSION MEDS. LOL YA KNOW THE HORMONES.

dillertwins08
by on Nov. 30, 2008 at 8:50 PM

I was super relaxed! My water broke and I went to my Dh and was like I think my water broke should I call L&D and he was like yeah! So I called L&D to see if they wanted me to come in right way. Of course they did and they asked me how long till i got there and i said about 45 mins my DH needed to take a shower first. They were like ummmm okay.... now i realize how crazy that must have sounded lol. Going into labor seems to make me dopey... which is fine I would rather be relaxed then crazed! I hope your baby comes safe and sound!

Sorchasmom
by on Nov. 30, 2008 at 8:53 PM

I was slammin fists into my wall cause I hated my doctor.  You will be going in soon dear.  I was 39 weeks to the day when I delivered. 

ChristinaR
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2008 at 8:56 PM

Man, the  morning my water broke, i was soo emotional, scared.. I just cried and cried, i was soo afraid.. But it ended up not being that bad at all...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)