Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

electrocuted while pregnant...

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2008 at 8:39 AM
  • 8 Replies

I am almost 37 weeks pregnant and I got electrocuted, by a house lamp. I called my Dr and now just waiting for a call back. Has this happened to anyone and if so what did the Dr say about it....

I am really freaking out about it.

by on Dec. 2, 2008 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kstevenot
by on Dec. 2, 2008 at 8:42 AM

I hope you and the baby are okay. It probably wasn't alot of voltage...is the baby still moving around? It is probably nothing serious, but I'll say a little prayer for you any way. =]

Join ♥misslonely's group♥ today!

Punkin6498
by on Dec. 2, 2008 at 8:54 AM

Ironically, it DID happen to me while pregnant with DD! I was sooooo worried. I was working at a preschool, so I couldn't have been more than 5 months pregnant and I went to plug in the vacuum and it totally shocked me. I mean it got me good, it actually hurt! Anyway, everything turned out fine, not problems, nothing, she's turning 8 next Monday! (tear)

momof2litlboys
by on Dec. 2, 2008 at 8:58 AM

She is moving, Thank god! I feel ok, just worried...

Quoting kstevenot:

I hope you and the baby are okay. It probably wasn't alot of voltage...is the baby still moving around? It is probably nothing serious, but I'll say a little prayer for you any way. =]

momof2litlboys
by on Dec. 2, 2008 at 8:59 AM

Thanks, that makes me feel better!!

Quoting Punkin6498:

Ironically, it DID happen to me while pregnant with DD! I was sooooo worried. I was working at a preschool, so I couldn't have been more than 5 months pregnant and I went to plug in the vacuum and it totally shocked me. I mean it got me good, it actually hurt! Anyway, everything turned out fine, not problems, nothing, she's turning 8 next Monday! (tear)

Punkin6498
by on Dec. 2, 2008 at 9:44 AM

Glad to know me getting shocked makes you feel better! LOL =)

Quoting momof2litlboys:

Quoting Punkin6498:

Babylove135
by on Dec. 2, 2008 at 10:37 AM

When I was pregnant with DD, DH and I had this really crappy trailer.  Well, he was at work and I decided that the temp on the water heater needed to be turned up.  I went outside and touched the water heater and low and behold the stupid trailer wasn't grounded and I got shocked.  DD will be 4 next month.. so no problems.  You should be fine.

momof2litlboys
by on Dec. 2, 2008 at 1:47 PM

LOL, I didn't mean to make it sound that way...Sorry.

Quoting Punkin6498:

Quoting momof2litlboys:

Quoting Punkin6498:

Punkin6498
by on Dec. 2, 2008 at 1:48 PM

I know, I was just kidding! =)

Quoting momof2litlboys:

LOL, I didn't mean to make it sound that way...Sorry.

Quoting Punkin6498:

Quoting momof2litlboys:

Quoting Punkin6498:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN