Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

HOW DO YOU STAY WITH SOMEONE WHO HAS CHEATED?

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2008 at 9:22 PM
  • 100 Replies

I am just curiouse i was reading another post and am curiouse to how you stay with someone who has cheated?

i could never stay with my SO if he cheated because you do not know all the times he could do it if he did it once and all the diseases out there that they could get from someone else. It just grosses me out i could never make love with my SO if he ever cheated on me. I am just curiouse how you guys do it? I had a boyfriend who cheated on me and boy did i kick him to the curb because diseases alone scare me. I know our families need to be together but a kids can live with seperated parent (i no i was one of them). Why do woman stay with men who have cheated or another question why do you cheat on your man? If you are not happy why not just say so and try and fix it there nad if you cant and you cant become happy with them why not just leave so that you can find someone that is happy.

by on Dec. 8, 2008 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
allysmom2359
by on Dec. 8, 2008 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't be able to stay with my hubby if he cheated. I would feel so betrayed that he dishonored our wedding vows and that he had no regard for our beautiful daughter.

cathleen_02
by on Dec. 8, 2008 at 9:26 PM

I would never stay with someone who cheated.

Treymama
by on Dec. 8, 2008 at 9:27 PM

DS's dad cheated on me a lot when we were together and I would get mad at him but I stayed with him. I think it was because of the simple fact that I was young and stupid, thought I was going to be with him forever and tried to believe everything he told me. I know now he is a huge p.o.s. and I feel sorry for his current girlfriend.

KRISSY2988
by on Dec. 8, 2008 at 9:28 PM

See i think that I would be the same way were i feel so betrayed and i just dont see myself forgiving someone who dose something like that.
I would be hurt if he dumped me or told me that he was not happy with me but i think i would be way more hurt if he cheated on me.

Quoting allysmom2359:

I wouldn't be able to stay with my hubby if he cheated. I would feel so betrayed that he dishonored our wedding vows and that he had no regard for our beautiful daughter.

kris1975
by on Dec. 8, 2008 at 9:28 PM
3 moms liked this

I do not think cheating would be an automatic deal breaker for me.  I would try to work it out.  We love each other, but that doesn't mean that he could never make a mistake.  He's never given me any reason to think he would ever cheat, but if he did I'd still want to try to make our relationship work.

KRISSY2988
by on Dec. 8, 2008 at 9:29 PM

Thats horrible how old was your son?

Quoting Treymama:

DS's dad cheated on me a lot when we were together and I would get mad at him but I stayed with him. I think it was because of the simple fact that I was young and stupid, thought I was going to be with him forever and tried to believe everything he told me. I know now he is a huge p.o.s. and I feel sorry for his current girlfriend.

okrasin
by on Dec. 8, 2008 at 9:29 PM

No way could I deal with that. I would constantly question everything that he has ever said and always doubt any thing he had to say in the future. So obviously I definitely couldn't stay with him. :)

allysmom2359
by on Dec. 8, 2008 at 9:30 PM

Totally agree, I let my man know from day one when we started dating, if i wasnt satisfying him or making him happy then I want him to talk to me or just leave me straight out. I would much rather have him leave if he wasn't happy then just play me on the side.

Quoting KRISSY2988:

See i think that I would be the same way were i feel so betrayed and i just dont see myself forgiving someone who dose something like that.
I would be hurt if he dumped me or told me that he was not happy with me but i think i would be way more hurt if he cheated on me.

Quoting allysmom2359:

KRISSY2988
by on Dec. 8, 2008 at 9:31 PM

I agree or say that it WAS a one time thing and you did try to work things out everytime you guys got into a argument that would come up. Or if he didnt come home ontime you woudl think he was out cheating. i just couldnt do it.

Quoting okrasin:

No way could I deal with that. I would constantly question everything that he has ever said and always doubt any thing he had to say in the future. So obviously I definitely couldn't stay with him. :)

anetrnlov
by on Dec. 8, 2008 at 9:31 PM
2 moms liked this

If Eric cheated I would stay. 

I would want us to go to counselling, I wouldn't trust him and a lot of things in the house and our relationship would change.

Marriage is not a game and is not something that I take lightly.  I am not going to just throw my marriage away.  I will do everything in my power to make my marriage work. 

If he cheated a second then yes...I would leave.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)