Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

CAn i be allergic to grease and oil (TMI)

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2008 at 8:02 PM
  • 15 Replies

I generally eat healthy about 98% of the time, but every once in a while i order out if im too tired to cook, well i notice that if i eat anything greasy, like fried chicken, even without the skin i get bad diarreah, this happens everytime and it happens usually within an hour after eating greasy foods. Its pretty much the same side affect as ALLI if you eat greasy foods, its horrible.

THis is probobly one of the main reasons i eat healthy, because i have no choice, could i behaving some negative reaction to grease, is it possible to be allergic

by on Dec. 10, 2008 at 8:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
John0725
by on Dec. 10, 2008 at 8:04 PM

If you have your gallbladder still it could be that

Blondee512
by on Dec. 10, 2008 at 8:04 PM

Could be your gall bladder. Have your doctor check your Ejection Fraction.

marshakay
by on Dec. 10, 2008 at 8:05 PM

we don't normally eat greasy foods at home so when i do have them they mess with me..its like an i like it but it doesn't like me back so i tend not to eat those foods when eating out

emilysmom8
by Dawn on Dec. 10, 2008 at 8:06 PM

The same thing happends to me every time I eat anything greasy!

I AM PROUD TO BE A SINGLE MOTHER WHO WORKS FULL TIME, TO DO WHATS BEST FOR ME AND MY DAUGHTER!

Brooke501
by on Dec. 10, 2008 at 8:06 PM

You could just have a sensitive GI tract. There are certain places that I cant eat at for the same reason. Do you take flax seed oil or fish oil supplements? They can also cause that type of reaction.

Faia
by on Dec. 10, 2008 at 8:07 PM

its your body tellin u that its not use to that food. If you dont eat it much that will be the first thing your body let go. like a vegetarian tryin to eat meat after a long time with out it your body is rejecting the greasy food

Justina Faiatattoo

amb_josh
by on Dec. 10, 2008 at 8:09 PM

It sounds like your body just doenst know what to do with that grease.....I dont eat meat never have even as a baby, and the few times i tried too....i got badly sick.....Its just because my body cant tolerate it....Maybe its the same for you with grease?

Photobucket

I_got_curves
by on Dec. 10, 2008 at 8:24 PM

It all started when i was prego with #3, she would not let me eat meat or greasy foods at all, i spent the most part of my pregnancy eating salads and veggies, well after she was born the meat and grease adversions stopped and i craved meats and fast foods, thats when it started having this problem. I used to be a junk food addict and it never bothered me.

My DD wont eat meat either, she's 15 months old

Quoting amb_josh:

It sounds like your body just doenst know what to do with that grease.....I dont eat meat never have even as a baby, and the few times i tried too....i got badly sick.....Its just because my body cant tolerate it....Maybe its the same for you with grease?

I_got_curves
by on Dec. 10, 2008 at 8:25 PM

Im curious, how does your gallbladder effect it?, its never been mentioned by my Dr

Quoting John0725:

If you have your gallbladder still it could be that

I_got_curves
by on Dec. 10, 2008 at 8:26 PM

No i don't take any of those

Quoting Brooke501:

You could just have a sensitive GI tract. There are certain places that I cant eat at for the same reason. Do you take flax seed oil or fish oil supplements? They can also cause that type of reaction.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)