Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

7 month old daughter snores

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2008 at 9:34 PM
  • 6 Replies

My little girl has just started snoring a few nights ago. She can get really loud. She doesn't do it all night but in sessions. Her daddy snores loudly too. Is this genetic at such a young age or could something else be wrong. She doesn't seem sick or anything.

by on Dec. 11, 2008 at 9:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mommy2Caitlin
by on Dec. 11, 2008 at 9:36 PM

My daughter was also a snorer. It is not normal at such a young age. Mine had to have her tonsils and adnoids out to help her breathe because she was developing sleep apnea. Ask her doc about it.

Am17
by on Dec. 11, 2008 at 9:38 PM

lol my whole family snores, including me and my sons father. i think its hereditary lol

myfoursonsks
by on Dec. 11, 2008 at 9:39 PM

Yes, snoring in young children is a good indicator of their adenoids and tonsils being too large.  Talk to her doc about it.

mememomster
by on Dec. 11, 2008 at 9:39 PM

My daughter also had her tonsils and adnoids removed...no more snoring.

jazzyandpat
by on Dec. 11, 2008 at 9:40 PM

i remember when i was taking both of my kids home from the hosptial. they both snored and still does to this day.

addisonsmom3794
by on Dec. 11, 2008 at 9:41 PM

DD snored off and on when she was little little.  I don't notice it so much anymore..  If your hubby snores I wouldn't worry that shes snoring.   Addison was younger than your DD when she first did it.

Quoting ILuvChloe

My little girl has just started snoring a few nights ago. She can get really loud. She doesn't do it all night but in sessions. Her daddy snores loudly too. Is this genetic at such a young age or could something else be wrong. She doesn't seem sick or anything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN