Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Islam is the light?

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:33 AM
  • 54 Replies

Not sure if this has been posted before but I just seen it......

banner-5.gif picture by mcarroll1984
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2Kadin27
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:37 AM

I haven't seen the video but have seen the doll...I Think its a wonderful idea...They have precious moments babies that say Catholic/Christian sayings....

Mazarati_2003
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:39 AM

And you know what...I do not think it would be a problem if it stated on the Box that the doll says what it does. Everytime u see a doll with christian says or such it is indicated on the box somewhere. This box says NOTHING about Islam...no translation into Islamic text nothing.....THAT my dear is the problem.

Quoting Mommy2Kadin27:

I haven't seen the video but have seen the doll...I Think its a wonderful idea...They have precious moments babies that say Catholic/Christian sayings....

psychmama
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:41 AM

I think its retarded. If they were going to have it say that, why not market it as an islam toy. All the christian/catholic dolls are marketed as such?

taleyu1432
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:41 AM

I AGREE

Quoting Mommy2Kadin27:

Mazarati_2003
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:42 AM

I agree it should be marketed as Islam.....

We have so many diffrent religions in the US...there is not a problem there...the problem occurs when it is not advertised...it seems to try to sneak "isalm is light" in there...

Quoting psychmama:

I think its retarded. If they were going to have it say that, why not market it as an islam toy. All the christian/catholic dolls are marketed as such?

psychmama
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:44 AM

I know! People would be sooooo pissed if it said "Jesus is the light" . They would be demanding that it be taken off the shelves and condem christians for pushing their beliefs on others. And yet, when it is something other that Christianity, people are just like "Oh, thats nice"

Talk about a freakin double standard!

Quoting Mazarati_2003:

I agree it should be marketed as Islam.....

We have so many diffrent religions in the US...there is not a problem there...the problem occurs when it is not advertised...it seems to try to sneak "isalm is light" in there...

Quoting psychmama:

Megan214
by Bronze Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:46 AM

Huh... I saw that in Walmart the other day. My DD wanted to play with it. I never caught it. Hm. Interesting.

Logan_Bellasmom
by Falling Starr on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:46 AM

Statement by: Mattel, Inc. Re: Little Mommy Cuddle 'n Coo Dolls The Little Mommy Cuddle 'n Coo dolls feature realistic baby sounds including cooing, giggling, and baby babble with no real sentence structure. The only scripted word the doll says is "mama." There is a sound that may resemble something close to the word "night, right, or light." To avoid any potential misinterpretation, we have eliminated that segment of the sound file from future production. Because the original sound track is compressed into a file that can be played through an inexpensive toy speaker, actual sounds may be imprecise or distorted. We remain confident in the high quality standards of our Little Mommy Cuddle 'n Coo dolls. If consumers have any questions or concerns regarding any Mattel or Fisher-Price toys, they may contact our consumer relations center at 800.524.TOYS (8697) and we will be happy to assist them. We take every call from our consumers very seriously and do our best to help address their concerns -- End of Mattel statement

Because i love my little girl  Because yes i am Bipolar

Because Trisomy 18 Has affected my life For my grandfather (lung cancer)

for my mother in law For my aunt

Pink and Blue because infants deserve to be remembered too

WHAT COLORS ARE IN YOUR LIFE?

taleyu1432
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:46 AM

WELL FISHER PRICE THEMSELVES SAID THE BABY BABLED .SOME MOM SAID SHE HEARD THE LIGHT AN DALL DUCKIES FOLLOWED .

gitanomadre
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:47 AM

Tis the season to spread  intollerance fa la la la la la la la la la

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)