Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where do those damn things go?

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:51 AM
  • 23 Replies

When my DS was 3 days old he was admitted to children's hospital, while we were in the ER his paci dropped on the floor, so the nice nurses gave him one of theirs, a vanilla scented soothie, so after a week of the soothie, he would not take his regular paci, now 10 months later he is still addicted to them, but where do they go? I put him to bed with one and by morning it is gone! just gone, I know that they roll and bounce, but I get on my hands and knees and look for them, and they just disappear! I'm starting to thing that his stuffed monkies are hiding them, or maybe I have a house elf that steals them! oh and the soothies that you buy in the store are not as soft, as the ones from childrens hospital. please any ideas where these things go I am down to one and after it is gone no more paci.

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
juliegorham
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:55 AM

oh i am soooooo with you! ds will only take the hospital ones still [hes 6 mos].. theyre not vanilla, theyre just a size in between the 2 that nuk sells. luckily, we know an OB nurse there so she brings us home a bunch, cuz i swear at least one gets lost per day... theyre like baby socks!

janellet
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:57 AM

I don't know where yours are disappearing to, but you can order those.

TessyCat
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:59 AM

I would say to take this opportunity and wean him from it. When his last one is gone, it's gone. Explain it to him and reinforce that it is the last one. I did this with my youngest and she threw hers out herself when she was 11 months old.

Meissilly
by Gold Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:59 AM

that happen to me too. it was wedged in between the mattress and the well .

Logan_Bellasmom
by Falling Starr on Dec. 15, 2008 at 12:59 AM

Do u have cats? I know my cats loved them.

Because i love my little girl  Because yes i am Bipolar

Because Trisomy 18 Has affected my life For my grandfather (lung cancer)

for my mother in law For my aunt

Pink and Blue because infants deserve to be remembered too

WHAT COLORS ARE IN YOUR LIFE?

babygirlsmom314
by Corinne on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:02 AM

Sometimes they fall between the mattress and the rails, at least that is what happened to us.  I love the soothies. Here is a website of the ones they call gumdrops.  They are the same idea, but curved for a better fit in the mouth and they have a hole which you can attach a pacifier holder to so they don't drop on the floor.

http://www.gumdroppacifier.com/?gclid=CJDk4Mr4wZcCFRwwawodE3wwSw

heathers5500
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:03 AM

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

Do u have cats? I know my cats loved them.

No cats, but my little chiuhaua mix is like a squirrel, I know that he got ahold of 1 of them, I found it torn to pieces under my bed.

Krys_mathews
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:03 AM

My dog takes them. One day I went to the bassinet to get the pacifier and found a dog bone instead, I guess he wanted to trade.

babygirlsmom314
by Corinne on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:04 AM

Sorry try this website instead the other was more about the product and not an ordering site.

http://store.nexternal.com/shared/StoreFront/default.asp?CS=hawaiimed&StoreType=BtoC&Count1=803585231&Count2=720725655

Meissilly
by Gold Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:06 AM

i take a lingerie  bag and I put all the dirty socks in the bag  and then throw thenm in the washerto the dryer . It cuts down on lost socks 

Quoting juliegorham:

oh i am soooooo with you! ds will only take the hospital ones still [hes 6 mos].. theyre not vanilla, theyre just a size in between the 2 that nuk sells. luckily, we know an OB nurse there so she brings us home a bunch, cuz i swear at least one gets lost per day...theyre like baby socks!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)