Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so how did he??

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:12 AM
  • 25 Replies

propose that is ... did it take more than once before you said yes? or did you propose to him?

boy n girlexpecting boy

I'm a Mother, Wife , Friend. Granddaughter, Neice, Aunt , Nerd, but most of all i'm ME.

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ZacharyCainsmom
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:16 AM

My husband proposed to me the night before he left to go to Iraq :-) I said YES! right away!

perfectkitten
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:30 AM

I have been engaged twice. Been proposed to 4 times. Married once and still married. He proposed once and I accepted. We have been married for 11 yrs. He asked me to marry him in front of my father. It was funny and cute. My dad asked what kind of dowry he got. Then laughed.

starleigh21
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:33 AM

On 08-08-08 he proposed, finally. lol. Under the stars. We were supposed to get married that day, but got custody of my fiance's 5 kids in may, there was no way we could afford it after that lol.

So he proposed that day, and we're getting married on 08-08-09, the 8 thing, it's the only number that goes on forever.

JAX_Mami
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:35 AM

on valentines day....we were on a dinner cruise and he did it in front of everyone...i was embarrassed, crying, and happy all at once LOL. it was super romantic !

allensavannahs
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:52 AM

bump

allensavannahs
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:22 AM

so i will add mine LOL no one wants to tell ... we talk about poop and gross stuff but not this stuff LOL

DH proposed to me three times before i said yes

first time we were driving home and we were having a conversation about how most of our friends were getting engaged or married. he says to me " well i was thinking that if things keep going as well as they are maybe we could get engaged or married" i looked at him ( i was driving) a little puzzled and asked " are you seriously asking me to marry you in the car? with traffic?" he said amazed "umm yeah why not?" i kinda chuckled and told him to ask again when he had a ring.

the second time we were already pregnant/ I'm a hairdresser people would find out i was pregnant and then make a big deal about "living n sin and not being at least engaged" lol i lived in a very small conservative town. so i was telling him about it and he takes me to walmart LOL picks out this really pretty yellow citrine and hands it to me like you would give someone a pair of socks, and said " dose this mean we are engaged now" ? i said "no it means i don't have to listen to people complain about what a nice girl i was and how you are taking advantage of me"

the third time was thanksgiving -05 my mom had come to stay for a few days , and she decided to show her true colors to DH it was really bad, her and i got into this huge fight, i mean knock down drag out the whole bit, i told her to leave and never come back, she said things like i wish you were never born ..yeah it was horrible. so she leaves and i am sitting on our bed and i am devastated feeling like i was lost , with out family. ( I'm an only child and my "dad" is my step dad i have no other family other than my kids)  David grabs my hand and makes me look at him and he says " Stacey I love you. you are MY family, you belong to me, now and forever marry me next week become my family let me take care of you "

well of course i said yes!!! lol and we ran to the JOP dec 7th the first opening they had. we just had our 3 year anniversary

boy n girlexpecting boy

I'm a Mother, Wife , Friend. Granddaughter, Neice, Aunt , Nerd, but most of all i'm ME.

Sam_K
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:28 AM

jeez it was so long ago! lol...lets see if i remember.

we went on a picnic (next to a cemetary! lol! bc there was a nice, private park there....) and i kind of knew what was comin so i wore all white. he asked if id be w him forever and i said yes....we were 19 and 20 at the time. now we have a 14.5  y/o !! so weird.

fallenangel7386
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:43 AM

Mine is a sweet but very funny store all wrapped into one!

My husband proposed to me on june 15th 2007. We were already pregnant but also we both knew we wanted to get married but didnt want everyone think it was just because we were having a kid together. Well, it was a couple of days after his birthday and we both called into work to celebrate it. and he has a surprise for me, so I had to cover my eyes while he was driving to the surprise destination. Well when we get to the "place" I still have my eyes covered and he is walking me to a place, then we stop and he tells me to uncover my eyes and we are standing under a gazebo in the middle of a rose garden.  He trys to get down on one knee but I am holding on him so tight he cant saying: "What are you doing?" over and over... haha, so he gets on one knee and asks, of course I say yes. We sit on a bench for a little bit and decided to walk around the park it was so amazing and sweet. Then we get to the car and we notice we have a FLAT tire, yes a flat tire. So Dan(My husband) thinks "Wow what a great way to end this, i can save the day too by changing the tire."  Well come to find out the car has a key lug nut, so extremely difficult to remove. So after like 30 minutes of trying we walk to a gas station to call AAA (oh yah, we decided that we shouldnt bring our cell phones that day!) so, we find a gas station that still has a pay phone! wow! and he calls AAA and they say its going to be an hour or more to wait. so I decided to call my mom while we wait because I cant wait to tell someone the happy news.  Well it actually only takes like 45 minutes! thank god!  And the AAA guy ends up having to basicly break the key lugnut off the tire and replace it. it was rediculous. So we end up finally able to leave. We go to a diner and get a banana split to share. Its was wonderful, silly, exausting and fun! Something I will always remember.

allensavannahs
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:03 AM

happybump

Ms.Dean
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:09 AM

It was my birthday and he had taken me to Disneyland. He had brought a gift with him for me to open there. Now security is pretty strict at D-land now so I told him i wanted to open it in the parking lot. He said okay. I opened up my gift and it was The Chronicles of Narnia. Anyways I was a little disappointed because I thought it would be a ring. He told me to open the book and inside he had carved a hole which had a ringbox and on the inside cover it said "Will you marry me?" I of course said yes because i love him. FYI He had reservations at the Blue Bayou on Pirates of the Carrabian and that was where he was suppose to propose  but I spoiled his suprise. Good thing too because  I didn't rezalize I was pregnant with my second and was craving a western burger like crazy so we skipped the restaurant alltogether. Oh and  we saw Chronicles of Narnia on our second date which is why he picked the book.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)