Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm such an a**!!!

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:43 AM
  • 20 Replies
It is bitterly cold here and the wind is blowing like no other! The trash has to be taken out on Sundays because they (the trash men) come early Monday morning. I'm pregnant and didn't want to take the trash out so I told dh to do it....after a couple minutes of debating over who would take it out, dh decided that he would. When he got the trash container out of the garage the lid flew up and hit him in the face. He fell down and so did the trash container, trash blowing EVERYWHERE! I saw dh rolling on the ground and making a noise that I THOUGHT was laughing so I started busting up laughing. (TOTALLY inappropriate!) DH got inside and he was dripping blood from all over his face. Needless to say, DH has been at the hospital for about 3 hours now with his dad. I had to stay here because the kids are in bed. I feel like such an a** for laughing, why do I laugh at such inappropriate things??????
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pretzelsmom
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:44 AM

Cut yourself some slack...you didn't know.  I hope he is OK and you get some rest :)

Proud mom to Cory, Taylor & Presley  lavender ribbon

Never Forgotten  8/1/07 Minneapolis, MN Bridge Collapse Survivor...We had ANGELS that day!!

mama2talan
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:45 AM
I would have laughed too! Oops. The same Thing happened to my brother. There was blood everywhere...so for a while we all joked that the trash can kicked his ass! LOL.
resamerie
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:45 AM

Don't feel bad!!!laughingrolling on floorbouncingI'm laughing too!!!

TalaziaMae
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:46 AM

aww, its not like you tried it..

Tori77

Don't feel too bad, I would have been laughing right along with you. As a matter of fact, while I was reading it I started laughing out loud....Sorry, it was just really funny how you described it. But I do hope that he is okay though!

KerriS
Quoting pretzelsmom:

Cut yourself some slack...you didn't know.  I hope he is OK and you get some rest :)

I know but I always seem to laugh when people get hurt and I don't really mean to. I've got problems. ;-)
TessyCat

You didn't know that he was hurt. I would have been laughing my butt off too! At least it wasn't your preggo body that got beat up by the garbage can. It's all fun and games until somebody gets hurt... and then it's freakin' hilarious! LOL let us know how he is when he get home.

Sam_I_Am601

Dont beat yourself up. If you honestly thought he was laughing it's a natural reaction. I laugh at inappropiate times alot but people who know me have come to expect it.

GOD WOULD NOT BRING YOU TO IT IF HIS GRACE COULD NOT BRING YOU THOUGHT IT! HAVE A BLESSED DAY! SAM

camommyof4
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:47 AM
Well for me, laughing at inappropriate times is my curse! I always do it and the more I try to stop, the harder I begin laughing! Don't feel to bad, after all you thought he was laughing also! Sorry you're feeling bad! Just another day girlie...you'll make it up to him later!
pretzelsmom
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 1:47 AM

It happens to the best of us!!

Quoting KerriS:

Quoting pretzelsmom:

I know but I always seem to laugh when people get hurt and I don't really mean to. I've got problems. ;-)

Proud mom to Cory, Taylor & Presley  lavender ribbon

Never Forgotten  8/1/07 Minneapolis, MN Bridge Collapse Survivor...We had ANGELS that day!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)