Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 questions. 1 about me and 1 about my baby. 1 of them may be TMI?

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:27 AM
  • 7 Replies

#1. - I have hemrroids. Yeah. It sucks. Now, I was wondering if any of you got them after giving birth. And if you did, how did you relieve the awful pain? It gets to the point where after having a bowel movement it hurts to walk, sit, and lay down. It's awful. It even hurts to pass gas. I'm calling my dotor tomorrow. But do I call my regular doctor or my OB - since it's a result of giving birth? And I'm already taking stool softners.

#2. - My daughter has a horrible stuffy nose. She just woke up coughing so hard it sounded like she was choking. Her nose just keeps draining. I'm using Saline Drops which doesn't seem to be helping and I'm sucking out her nose. I just don't know what else to do. I'm going to call her doctor tomorrow too if it still sounds like she's constantly choking. She's eating and sleeping fine. The noises she makes just scare the hell out of me.

Thanks for your guys help! I seriously don't know what I'd do without cafemom. =)

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:37 AM

you need a vicks humidifierand you need to prop her up while shes son has had a stuffy nose since he was 3 weeks old! we still have to do the humidifier every night.

preview imagepreview image

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:39 AM

put baby vicks on the bottom of her feet then put socks on her. sounds crazy but it really works

oh and to answer you first question...i had them during not after my pregnacny but tucks pads worked or anything with witch hazel. stay away from spicy foods as well.

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:40 AM

when dd got like that we did the vicks baby rub on her chest and feet. then got a humidifier and a recliner. her and i closed up in a room sleeping at a slight angle in the recliner. if she got bad agen leeve the room for a min then come back stepping out of the vapers helps after being in them for so long.

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:43 AM

you might also try sitting in the bathroom with her, either with shower soothers, or just hot water running so that the steam fills the bathroom. It will help losen up the stuff in her nose and stuff. Also, do the humidifier... and as far as your hemeroids, i ot one after i had my son and i know what your going through. they had me put cortisporin on mine, and ebentually it went away. i dont have problems with me anymore.GOOD LUCK!

baby 1stholiday

by Ruby Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:45 AM

I didn't have hemrroids with either of my kids. But i did have problems from where i was cutting me so i used the hemrroid creanm that i got in the hospital to take the paid away. I don't know what it was called im sorry. But i did have tucks pads.

My kids always had runny noises it takes a few days for the saline drops to work and thats all my dr would allow me to do when they were that young. good luck.

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:47 AM

I had hemmoriods after i gave birth. What helps is a hot bath, tucks pads, and hemmoriod cream. Keep taking stool softners and using that stuff, it helps, if it gets to painful go to the doctor.

by Sue on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:53 AM

My hubby gets hemorrhiods (he is a fork lift driver and its a bumpy ride). I bought him Preparation H Medicated Wipes for him to use. According to the directions you can use them up to 6 times a day and they cool, sooth and comfort and that you can also use tropical hemorrhoidal treatments (guessing that means creams).

As for your other question about your daughter, if you have a humdifier that would be a good thing to use for the night (you said that you were taking her to the doctor tomorrow). Or if you get concerned about her breathing another thing that you can do is take her in the bathroom and turn on a hot shower ( just to steam up the room)  and just let her breathe the steam until her breathing gets better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)