Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Early New Years Resolutions?

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:31 AM
  • 4 Replies

Okay, my baby is 6 1/2 weeks old and I'm determined to lose some weight.  The breast feeding is helping a lot.  I'm back down to pre-pregnancy weight, but I still can't fit into my old clothes.  SoI've decided that I'm going to become fabulous this year!  I have extra motivation as my Hubby will be shipping off to basic training Jan 27th.  Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a thin me watch him graduate basic in April?  So... Who plans to really lose weight in 2009?  (I'm starting early)

Also... anyone have any tips for those of us going for the gold this year?  (Healthy tips please.  no ana or mia tips here.)

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Patty24momof5
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:49 AM

HELLO! WELL I WANT TO TONE MORE I START AT 5AM USUALLY TIL 6AM BUT WANT TO DO IT TWICE A DAY SO DECIDED IT WILL BE MY RESOLUTION!!!I HAVE 5 KIDDOS 8,6,5,3,2 AND IM 135,IM HAPPY WITH MY WEIGHT,PREPREGO I WAS 125 BUT I JUST MY SKIN ISNT THE SAME SO IM GOOD HERE,LOL!BUT YES WANT TO TONE TONE TONE!!!!MOR EMORE MORE!!

COME JOIN ME IF YOUD LIKE !!!

I HAVE 2 GROUPS= DEDICATED DOLLS WEIGHT LOSS AND TONING (Just click here on the name to join!)WE HAVE CHALLENGES,WEIGHINS,PICS,MEASUREMENTS,AND DIET TIPS AND INFO!

AND

MixedCooke
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:52 AM

Well my birthday is in May and my goal is to lose 50 pounds by then and I will be turning 31.  I have started Atkins, which I have lost 3 pounds in the first week alone, but I have not been strict with it.  I know when I do move to a strict Atkins, the weight will be melting off.  Atkins is not recommended for breastfeeding Mothers though.  It is best that you get a nutritious-packed meal every day with a daily multi-vitamin as well to ensure that your baby is getting the very best that you have to offer in your breastmilk.  I used my baby as a weigt and did like curls when she wanted to be bounced or maybe squats while holding the baby.

Princess_Digi
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:56 AM

I'm currently working out mon-wed-fri in the morning and going to zumba class tues and thurs nights. The best advice I can give you is to eat right, exercise when you can, and don't eat anything an hour before bedtime. It also helps if you eat smaller portions and than have 2 snacks a day like apples and such. Also, carrots and celery is something you can eat as much as you want of... that really helps to keep you from getting hungry!!

Emails get old, nobody has time to write real letters, and getting JUST bills in the mail is enough to drive any Mamma mad! Sound familiar? Come join us at The Greeting Exchange by clicking on my siggy! We have birthdays, holidays, anniversaries, The Dollar Exchange, and just because we're thinking about you. So if you'd like to make memories, get greeting cards and post cards than I have the PERFECT group for you!! Everybody's welcome!!

1sttime_mommy2b
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 2:57 AM

Sounds like fun!  just thinking about him as a weight makes me laugh!

Quoting MixedCooke:

Well my birthday is in May and my goal is to lose 50 pounds by then and I will be turning 31.  I have started Atkins, which I have lost 3 pounds in the first week alone, but I have not been strict with it.  I know when I do move to a strict Atkins, the weight will be melting off.  Atkins is not recommended for breastfeeding Mothers though.  It is best that you get a nutritious-packed meal every day with a daily multi-vitamin as well to ensure that your baby is getting the very best that you have to offer in your breastmilk.  I used my baby as a weigt and did like curls when she wanted to be bounced or maybe squats while holding the baby.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)