Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TEMPER TANTRUMS!?

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:26 AM
  • 5 Replies
what do you ladies do when ur LO throws a temper tantrum? im headed in the direction of terrible twos and im looking to cope. my DS turns 2 on saturday. he's a super good boy so far though. LOL!
Free BlinkiesFree BlinkiesFree BlinkiesFree BlinkiesFree BlinkiesFree BlinkiesFree BlinkiesFree BlinkiesFree BlinkiesFree BlinkiesFree Blinkies

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:30 AM

My dd will be 2 in March, however she has already entered "the terrible twos" (Her dr said they can start as early as 18 mo or as late as 4 years or sometimes never happen) She doesn't throw many tantrums but when she does I make sure she is in a spot where she can't hurt herself and let her throw her fit. She gets over them quick then we talk and I try to make her feel better (okay I talk and she, well, talks like a toddlet)

liamsmom31908
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:30 AM

lol good luck momma!!! mine ds is 9 months and throw temper tantrums when he dosnt get his way cuz hes spoiled lol i just hold him (even though he pushes and hits lol) or set him inhis playpen and try to calm him and redirect his attention.... i kno my ds is only 9 months so i dont know how helpful ive been srry... hope this helps!!

CafeMom Admin
by Ruby Member on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:29 AM

Hi ottosmommy06

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

Toddler Moms

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom. You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

\The CafeMom Admin Team

MHJ-motherof3
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:43 AM

I ignore her and if she is on the floor in the kitchen lets say, I just act as if she is not having one.  Eventually she realizes... "Oh, this is not working" and she moves on and stops and is suddenly in this GREAT mood... go figure!

sagi6666
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:49 AM

Hmmm, fun stage...I would get some ear plugs for one, then let them throw their tantrum...I would pick out a crack in the floor and tell them, see what you did? You broke my floor, then start bawling like a baby in front of them til they felt bad and come to apologize and hear them say I love you mommy, I promice not to ever do that again...As I go sniff sniff and blow my nose in a hanky, look at them and go Really? lol...Hey, go with the flow, play the game with them, WTH...right? What do you got to lose? It's fun to see their reactions...:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)