Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

13 weeks pregnant with bad stomach pains HELP! please is this normal?

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 4:09 AM
  • 8 Replies

Well like my title says im 13 weeks pregnant, this is my second baby and i got pregnant when my son was 7 months (yes i know early!). Anyways, every now an then more like once a day, i get this sharp pain in my pelvic like somthing scrapes it! or ill get a pain just in my stomach to wear i cant move and im crying, this has been going on since 6 weeks, i told my doc i had pain and she said that was normal, but i dont think its norm for it to go this long although i could be wrong. Even when i go to the bathroom (#2 TMI sorry) when i push it hurts in my stomach as well. Is this because my body may have not fully healed from my son or something, or does it just come with the second pregnancy? Does the fact that Im big for being 13 weeks have anything to do with it? Please it only has made me cry once, other then that they are quick 30sec-1min pains that just make me stop what im doing and bend over! any one?

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 4:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lujenem3
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 4:14 AM

confusedIDK for sure, but I would suspect it has something to do with your body adjusting to the 2nd pregnancy so soon after the 1st. Does seem like it has gone on for quite awhile tho. Couldn't hurt to at least call your doctor's office back and see what they have to say now that it's been this long.

lujenem3

ilovedrake4ever
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 4:17 AM

Yes i plan to call in the morning or afternoon, i just wanted to hear what you moms had to say first while im waiting for the night to pass.

Quoting lujenem3:

confusedIDK for sure, but I would suspect it has something to do with your body adjusting to the 2nd pregnancy so soon after the 1st. Does seem like it has gone on for quite awhile tho. Couldn't hurt to at least call your doctor's office back and see what they have to say now that it's been this long.

lujenem3
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 4:20 AM

Just occurred to me that it could also be irritable bowel syndrome or diverticulitis, tho I'm not real familiar with either. My stepmother had diverticulitis and had some similar symptoms. Hope your doc can help!!

lujenem3

bethany1230
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 4:34 AM

I am pregnant with 2nd child also.  Actually going in to have him tomorrow. 

I have had sharp pains in pelvis and stomach through this entire pregnancy.  Don't know what it is , but I have had a healthy pregnancy.  Oh and it has been 4 yrs since I was pregnant with the first.  So, in my case, it is obviously not related.  lol

Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone with the pains.

ilovedrake4ever
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 4:41 AM

lol thanks thats really nice to know that maybe its normal no matter how far the pregnancy is apart! thanks!

Quoting bethany1230:

I am pregnant with 2nd child also.  Actually going in to have him tomorrow. 

I have had sharp pains in pelvis and stomach through this entire pregnancy.  Don't know what it is , but I have had a healthy pregnancy.  Oh and it has been 4 yrs since I was pregnant with the first.  So, in my case, it is obviously not related.  lol

Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone with the pains.

Jill42721
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 4:47 AM

Ask your doctor if it could be round ligament pains...if that's the case..it's very normal.

I would also insist on an ultrasound just to make myself feel better.

Congrats on the pregnancy!

Jill Spears

Mommy to Liberty Madison born sleeping June 29, 2008

And soon-to-be mommy of a baby girl in February through adoption!!!  :)

AandCsmomBrandy
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 6:10 AM

I'm pregnant with #4 and I have pains ALL of the time. I think the more pregnancies you have the bigger toll it takes on your body (no matter how close together or far apart). just make sure to continue to take you vitamins and get enough rest and exercise everyday. it's been 9years since I was pregnant and I'm still in pain!!!LOL

mitch576
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 6:13 AM

this is what i think too. ligament pain

Quoting Jill42721:

Ask your doctor if it could be round ligament pains...if that's the case..it's very normal.

I would also insist on an ultrasound just to make myself feel better.

Congrats on the pregnancy!

owner of 30andbeyond...jigsaw ribbon...ADMIN of autism, asperger's, pdd awareness

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)