Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think DS is too little & DD is too big...what do you think?

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:38 AM
  • 10 Replies

My DS is 13mons old & weights about 22 pounds. He's weighed that since he was 11mons, hasn't really gained. He wears 12mons clothes, some of which fall off his butt cus he has no hips or butt & he's been wearing that size since 9mons.

MY DD is 3 years old & weighs about 43 pounds & wears a 5T. She's tall for her age & has what I call a "pot belly"

So do you think my DS is too small & my DD is too big? Should I try to fatten DS up and slim down DD? Thanks!

christmas treeCrystal  santa blue

Merry Christmas

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
c_boerman
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:40 AM

I would not do any different from what you are doing now BUT this is a question for your doctor. 

Each child is different!

"Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't ..... when life knocks you down you have two choices-stay down or get up!"

kuntrygurll
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:44 AM

I wouldn't change anything unless your doctor is concerned. My daughter is 21 months and weighs 24lbs she is in 18 month clothes but is perfectly healthy and my son is 3 months and weighs 14lbs.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
JeniLee83
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:45 AM

my sson to be 3 year old dd is still in 2t not even 17 pounds yet. My 5 year old was 40 pounds and 40"tall at age 4. she had the lil pot belly and the dr's called her "at risk" I haven't changed a thing and she has slimmed out beautifully. Don't worry, unless she has rolls, you are doing fine. There is nothing you can do about ds, He will grow when he is ready. Like I said my lil one is tiny she ahs been in a 2T since last winter!

Proud Mommy of Paige and Piper Wife to Joe

Angels are needed badly at Moms who can't afford Christmas for the kids

http://www.cafemom.com/group/poorchristmas

We have over 250 moms adopted already but over 400 more to go. Help put a smile on a childs face!

anetrnlov
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:45 AM

This...........

Quoting kuntrygurll:

I wouldn't change anything unless your doctor is concerned. My daughter is 21 months and weighs 24lbs she is in 18 month clothes but is perfectly healthy and my son is 3 months and weighs 14lbs.

momto3infl
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:46 AM

They sound normal-has the dr said anything abt their weights.  My kids were the same way-my oldest is almost 5ft but only weighs 56pds-my son is just abt 4ft and weighs 55pds, then I have a 4yr who weighs only abt 32pds and is just over 3ft.

lbdm2002
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:48 AM

My DS is 13 months as well.  He is  23lbs.  He looks chunky to me..LOL..but his pedi said that he's right on track, maybe a bit on the thin side, but definately nothing to worry about.  My DD is 7 and just now hit 50lbs.  She is tall and thin.  Here's a pic of the 2 together.  My DS definately does not look on the thin side!  LOL

ljsmamma07
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:49 AM

not sure.my son will be 3 in may and weighs maybe 25lb dripping wet and still wears 18 month pants that fall off his butt, but he is small for his age and alwawys has been.didnt hit 20 lb till about 16 or 17 months.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

pregnancy calendar
JeniLee83
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:53 AM

This pic was taken a month ago, my lil one will be 3 in March and my ldest just turned 5. See what I mean?

mamakas2
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:54 AM

Your son sounds fine. Their growth slows down at that age  because they become so active, so they don't gain as rapidly as they once did.

How tall is your daughter? My son (3) is 37 lbs and wears a 3T. The part that sounds "big" to me is not her weight, but the clothing size. In general, I think the typical kid wears their age in size (2T at age 2, 3t and 3, etc). My DH's nephew is 4 years old though, and wears a size 8, the same as my 9 1/2 year old son (my son is small). But the nephew is overweight, he's 65 lbs and should be about 45.

JT2005
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:58 AM

My DS is 4 and weighs 43 pounds. My DD is 2 and weighs 25 pounds. I think your kids are just fine.. If you have any major concerns  their doctor should help you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)